23"Comeback Time"

Narrator's POV

After a day of Energy Shield training, Cyan was already ready for her rematch. Her two friends had already obtained the Soul Badge, but that didn't mean they wouldn't wait for her to get one of her own.

This time, the young trainers found the Pokemon gym with a lot less difficulty. The same building stood before them. "Hey Cyan, are you sure you're ready?" Ryan asked his friend. "I don't care how much time went by, I'm getting my sixth badge today and that's final!" The brunette yelled in excitement.

The trio walked inside. Unlike last time, Janine, gym leader of Fuchsia City's gym, was sitting in the middle of the room, waiting for challengers. "I see you have returned. It has been a mere day, are you sure you want to battle me again?" The purple headed gym leader asked. "I'm 100% sure." Cyan replied. "Okay then"

The two trainers took their position on the battlefield. "The rematch between the gym leader, Janine, and the challenger, Cyan Author of Pallet Town, will now begin! Both trainers will use 3 pokemon, but only the challenger will be able to switch out. Battle begin" A male referee explained, signalling the start of the battle by pointing his flag downwards.

"Go, Golbat!" "Blaster, I choose you!" Both trainers yelled, throwing a pokeball in the air. Janine's pokeball contained her Golbat and Cyan's pokeball contained her Squirtle, Blaster. " Golbat, use poison fang" "Blaster, use bubble beam"

The aquatic beam attack just barely blocked the toxic bite. "Use sludge bomb" "Quick, use protect!" The trainers instructed. The large ball of poison was completely blocked by the barrier. "Air slash" "Rapid spin to ice beam, aim for the ground!"

The flying type attack sent the turtle pokemon flying around the room. At one point, the water type popped out of its shell and used its ice type attack to create a tower to stand upon. "I see your plan, but the only thing you did is make your Squirtle an easier target. Golbat, swift!" "I'll have you know that this Squirtle is my strongest pokemon. There's no way you're beating us as a team. Blaster, intercept with a powerful water gun attack!"

The two attacks clashed, but they weren't equal in power. The normal type star-like attack highly outclassed the basic water attack. Blaster received a direct hit, almost fainting him and dropping him off of the tower. Thankfully, the Squirtle managed to survive the attack and not get knocked off of the frozen tower. "Air slash" "Blaster, use ice shield and to ice beam!"

The turtle pokemon created a barrier and soon proceeded to freeze it. With the ice shield combination attack as a barrier, the water type didn't get another scratch. An ice attack then finished the poison and flying type, catching it off guard. "Golbat, return. Go Weezing!" "Blaster, take a nice rest. Bolt, you're up next!"

"Weezing, use flamethrower" "Bolt, hide behind the tower and use thunderbolt" The two trainers said. The fire type attack easily melted the icicle into water, giving the Pikachu nowhere to hide. Janine and her poison type didn't think it through though. Using the water to boost its power, Bolt had dealt massive damage, even though it didn't take out the Weezing. "Sludge bomb" "Double team to thunder shock!"

As soon as the ball of sludge was shot, the electric type multiplied and shocked the attack, spreading little sludge spots all over the battlefield. "Let's try this again. Weezing use sludge bomb!" "Alright Bolt, you ready?" "Pika!" The pokemon nodded. "Quick attack around the battlefield and charge an iron tail while running"

The pure poison type fired another powerful poison type attack. Unfortunately for Janine and her pokemon, the fast electric mouse pokemon easily avoided it. Not only that, but it was charging an iron tail attack, with a twist. The electric type's tail was gathering the sludge spots around its tail with its electricity. "I see what you're trying to pull off, but it isn't happening. Sludge bomb!" "Iron tail, now!"

The Pikachu's lightning bolt shaped tail glowed silver and purple, ready to release a poisonous iron tail attack. It sliced the sludge bomb in half and hit the Weezing on the head all at once. The poison type pokemon had fainted. "Weezing, return. Go, Venomoth!" "Bolt, you look tired. Return. Ace, I choose you!"

Two winged creatures appeared on the battlefield. "Venomoth, psychic" "Ace, wind shield to aerial ace" The commands were shouted. The powerful psychic type attack was shot, but blocked by a tornado boosted barrier. Then, a powerful flying type attack was used. It landed a direct hit, injuring the poison and bug type. "Poison fang" "Use your aerial kick combination attack!"

Even though its fangs were filled with poison and ready to attack, Venomoth couldn't tell where it had to hit the Pidgeotto. The normal and flying type was using a combination of quick attack and aerial ace, so it was impossible to hit it with any attack at this speed. Its left talon and wing started to glow, striking and fainting the moth pokemon.

Janine was about to congratulate her challenger, but said challenger's Pidgeotto started to glow. Ace was glowing, doubling in size. When it stopped, it was a larger bird pokemon with a majestic yellow and red mane. "Pidgeot!" The pokemon said. Cyan got her pokedex out of her pocket and scanned the normal and flying type.

"Pidgeot, the bird pokemon. It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed." The pokedex voice said. Cyan hugged her Pidgeot. "Ace, you were amazing! Return" The girl smiled. Janine walked up to Cyan. "That was one of the most fun battles I've ever had in my time as a gym leader. You're more than worthy of the Soul Badge"

A pink piece of metal was placed in her hand. "Thanks for the incredible battle, Janine! Later!" The brunette chirped, walking outside with her friends.

"So, where are we going next?" Emma asked, slightly glaring at Cyan, who was admiring her new badge. "I have exciting news to tell you. Tomorrow morning, we're taking a ferry to Cinnabar Island! We're visiting my hometown~!" Ryan replied, a large grin plastered on his face.

A/N

If I told you I wrote all of this in one day, would you believe me?

Because I did. Also, my boy Ace evolved! Yay!

Guys, next chapter is coming out right after this one and it doesn't include the island of Cinnabar.

That's a hint, if you didn't understand.

Later~!