Walk

I chuckled nervously, my cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Hey Sai, how's it going?"

"Hello." he replied, sitting in the chair next to me.

It was silent for a moment after that. Then, realizing that this conversation was going nowhere, I ate the last two bites of my ramen and paid. But just as I had exited the ramen shop, Sai was in front of me. "Wait. Your name is Mira, isn't that right? I was wondering if I could walk you home so I could maybe get to know you better?" Sai asked, smiling that fake smile of his.

Gazing up at his midnight black eyes, I could see that past all of the emotionless facade, there was in fact a small flicker of something. Hope? Desperation? Curiosity? I couldn't tell. But I eventually gave in and said yes.

In a nutshell, the walk to my apartment was more relaxing than I thought it would be. It was like we were playing twenty questions back in my home........back in America.

When we got to my apartment, Sai stopped me yet again. "Would you like to train with me tomorrow morning at training ground 36?"

"Well, the thing is, I'm not quite sure if I am practicing with my team tomorrow or not. So sorry, I can't." I explained, remorse shadowing my features.

"Ok, that's fine." Sai said, again flashing his fake smile before walking off.

I slowly walked into my apartment and shut the door behind me. Exhaling loudly, I flopped onto my bed and looked up at my ceiling. Why must this happen every single time?