Chapter 1: Life

"Ring!" I growled as my alarm clock rang on. Why did I set it for this early again? Oh right, I have to go to work. "I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!" I yelped as I shot out of bed, my long, brown hair flying behind me. Why do I have to go to work, you may ask? Well, considering I live alone with my twelve year old brother who is younger than me, I have to pay the bills somehow.

I had just made it downstairs when Sam, my younger brother, was turning on the TV. "Hey Sam, whatcha watching?" I asked him, while grabbing myself a quick breakfast.

"Naruto! Believe it!" he exclaimed.

I chuckled then sighed. I will never get the point of that show. Seriously. It's not like ninjas actually exist, so what's the point? I called a quick goodbye to Sam before sprinting out to my truck and starting it. Luckily, I made it to work on time. Did I mention I work in a bakery? I love it because every time I enter, I am greeted with the aroma of freshly baked goods. I also love to cook. "Hello, Mira, dear." Mrs. Paticko, the bakery's elederly owner greeted.

I smiled in retern, and got to work.

Baking bread and cakes all day is so tiring! Especially when you're only sixteen! I moaned as I stretched, then instantly felt better. I hummed peacefully as I walked out to my truck.

Then, I got the weirdest feeling as I pulled out onto the road and started to drive home. I felt--like something bad was about to happen. But I'm not a psychopath! I ended up just shrugging it off. "Screech!" I was jolted out of my thoughts by the screech of my tires as I tried to stop, but couldn't. I crashed.

My pickup was completely bowled over by the semi truck. I groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my head, and other pains throughout my body. I was pretty sure I had broken bones. It was getting harder and harder to breath. I struggled, attempting to drive off the darkness, but eventually it overcame me, and I sunk into the pitch black void known as death.