Chapter 3: Meeting the Team

"Nice to see you again, Mira. This is the team you will be working with, team Harou, although I will not give you a headband until you've earned my trust, not to mention the skill. You may leave with your team now." Lady Tsunade said.

I sent her a slightly confused look before nodding and following my team outside of the hokage building. As soon as we were out of the building, one of the boys exclaimed excitedly to me "Hi, I'm Toson Morisheta! You're Mira, right? Nice to meetcha!"

"Thanks, nice to meet you too Toson." I replied with a bit of uncertainty.

The second boy on the team (I think his name was Isao Hakia) only scoffed and looked back at the front. Rude much? Geez... "Don't mind Isao, he's usually like that. I'm Keiki Jashika." the only girl on the team said as she smiled warmly at me. The three looked about the same age, sixteen, like me! This will certainly be interesting.

"Nice to meet you, Keiki." I said, returning her smile.

"And I'm Harou Kamisaka, the leader of team Harou, but you may call me Harou-sensei like my other students." the team leader explained to me.

"So what will we do first?" I asked, excited to start.

"First, take this paper. It will tell you your affinity if you send some chakra into it. For fire, the paper will ignite and turn to ash. For wind, the paper will split in two. For lightning, the paper wrinkles. For earth, the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away. Last but not least, for water, the paper will become wet." Harou-sensei explained.

I wondered about what chakra was, and tried to remember it from when my brother watched Naruto. Suddenly it came to me. I knew what chakra was, and how to use it. I took the paper from sensei, and concentrated. Then the paper became damp. But that wasn't all. Surprisingly, after turning wet, the paper froze and broke into ice shards, which fell, embedding themselves in the earth. "Wow." I muttered, still shocked. "You didn't say anything about ice..."

"It looks like you have water style along with a special style, one that is very rare: ice style." Harou-sensei informed. "We can hone those ninjutsu skills later. Next, you will battle Keiki in taijutsu. If you can beat her, you should have reasonable taijutsu skill. Now, begin!"

Before I could think, Keiki came running up to me to deliver a kick. It would've hit me, but something like instinct made me dodge. It was kinda cool, but also really weird. Then I tried a kick of my own. It went on like that for awhile, before Harou-sensei told us to stop.

"That's enough, good job to the both of you. It seems neither of you could land a hit on the other. You are very evenly matched in taijutsu. Now let's see about genjutsu. Close your eyes and focus on your surroundings. Then, open them. If the landscape has changed, you are exceptional at genjutsu. Don't worry if it doesn't work, most ninjas can't do it. Now, start." Harou-sensei said.

I closed my eyes, and focused on changing my surroundings. Then, I felt something weird. What I now recognized as chakra was gathering up in my eyes. It rested there for a minute before going back to my chakra reserves. What just happened, is it genjutsu? I asked myself, finally opening my eyes. But the landscape had not changed. I sighed, again wondering about the chakra change, before looking back to my teammates. They all gasped. "What?" I asked.

"Your eyes changed, they're silver now, instead of blue. And they have black swirls where the pupil should be." sensei answered.

"Wow, I wonder what I can do with these..." I trailed of in wonder. "Have you seen these eyes before?"

"Nope." everyone answered simultaneously.

"How did you get them like that?" Harou-sensei asked.

"I was focusing on doing a genjutsu, like you told me to, Harou-sensei. Then I felt this weird chakra buildup in my eyes. The next thing I know, you say my eyes are different." I recanted.

"Try removing chakra from your eyes to turn them back." Harou-sensei suggested.

I closed my eyes and concentrated. When I opened them, Harou-sensei nodded inferring that my eyes were back to their normal dark blue.

"We can train more tomorrow." Harou-sensei ordered. "For now, you all are dismissed to go back home."

Everyone bounded away all cool and ninja-like while I walked slowly home, partly admiring the view and partly wondering where I would have dinner. Then, I remembered something. I could eat at that ramen shop I saw Naruto at earlier! Luckily, it wasn't that far from the training grounds my team was at. I took out the bag of money the Hokage gave me to start out with, and found a seat. After ordering the miso ramen and paying, I looked around. No one else is here, wait scratch that. Naruto just entered the shop.

"Hi Mira!" Naruto called.

"Nice to see you again, Naruto." I greeted. "Is this your team?" I asked, noticing several people following Naruto into the ramen shop.

"Yeah, believe it!" Naruto said. "This is Kakashi-sensei, Sakura, and Sai." he introduced, pointing out a silver-haired ninja with a mask and his leaf headband covering one of his eyes, a pink-haired girl with green eyes, and a pale boy with contrasting dark hair and pale skin.

There was something special about this boy, Sai. He...intrigued me. I've never felt like this with any boy before. I could tell he felt it too, because the second we locked eyes the atmosphere between us seemed different. I decided I would think about this later. Having finished my miso ramen, paying for it, and meeting everyone, I told them I would be heading to my apartment, and before anyone could reply I rushed out.