"Hasaan. Why?" She asks then I click on the message.

"Girl he asked you to prom a couple days ago," I tell her and she looks up. Her face looking flustered.

She moves her hair and puts it behind her ear, "He did what now? Can you repeat that?" She asks and I notice how her cheeks were slowly turning red.

"Bitch..." I say.

"I always knew you liked Hasaan. I am not surprised." Denise says and Regina quickly shakes her head.

"I do not."

"You do. Stop denying it." Di-Di adds.

"Jaylin broke up with you because Hasaan asked you out boo. So whatchu gon do. Getcho girl or getcho man?" I ask and she sighs.

"I don't even know." She replies with a shrug.

"Deep down you know who you really want to be with," I say and I see a glimmer in her eyes.

**
"My baby girl is growing up." My mom says wiping tears from the corner of her eyes.

"Mom, you're acting like this is my first time going on a date," I say with a slight chuckle.

"I know, I know. But you're getting on up there. Before I know it imma have three grandkids and imma be in a nursing home." She says and I shake my head at her.

"I'm not putting you in a nursing home mom," I say and before she could reply the doorbell went off.

"I got it." My mom says then she opens the door. "Well hello, Brandon." She greets when he walks in.

I run out of the living room and damn near fell when I turned the corner to the hallway.

I stood there and listened to them converse.

"Ma dukes you think she'll like this?" He asks and I was tempted to look and see what he was showing her.

She gasped,"Oh my gosh, she's gonna love it." She says then there's a pause, "But you betta not be trynna buy my daughter's love. Gifts mean nothing in all actuality. You need to show my daughter you really love without all the presents and gifts."

I know he loves me but it would actually feel better if he wasn't always trying to buy me something. I love it but sometimes I just want to lay up with my man and not be surrounded by the fancy gifts.

His presence is enough for me.

"I know ma. But I want her to know I can support her financially and money won't be a problem being with me."

"Now you know money would never be an issue. There's no need for you to prove yourself to her- money wise."

"Ok ma dukes. But she deserves the finer things in life."

"Quit with all these 'buts'. You know I'm right. After this date quit buying her all this expensive jewelry. She doesn't need it, Brandon." She says and I'm pretty sure he nodded his head. "Mia come out here!" She yells then I wait a couple seconds before walking into the living room.

When I entered his mouth dropped and I laughed at his silly self.

It seems like every time we go out we be matching.

He had on a white short sleeve shirt, white pants, and a pair of metallic gold K Swiss. For accessories, he had on a gold chain, his Rolex, and a gold Gucci belt.

 For accessories, he had on a gold chain, his Rolex, and a gold Gucci belt