thirty-seven

taehyung was actually working on some of his pre-calculus homework before he heard a knock on his bedroom window. he ignored it, thinking it was just a tree branch. but then it happened again, a lot more louder this time. he furrowed his eyebrows, putting down his pencil and going over to his window. he pulled back the curtain and gasped when he saw jungkook behind the window.

in a quick move, taehyung opened the window and helped jungkook into his room. the younger was crying heavily, small sobs leaving his mouth. taehyung laid him on the bed, his heart breaking when he saw the injuries on the younger's face. he couldn't imagine what was under his shirt.

"b-baby you need to take deep breaths," taehyung shakily said, noticing how jungkook's breathing was erratic.

"h-h-hurts," jungkook choked out, letting out a painful sob. he had his eyes shut in pain, and taehyung couldn't imagine how he felt.

"i'm gonna take off your shirt, okay?" taehyung told the younger softly, his hands going to the bottom of jungkook's shirt. he tried taking it off without hurting the younger, but when it got to getting it over his head, taehyung struggled. "put your arms over your head, kookie."

jungkook cried as he slowly brought his arms up, the action seemingly making his pain worsen. taehyung finally pulled the shirt off, throwing it on the floor. his breath hitched in his throat when he saw jungkook's chest and stomach covered in a range of purples and blues.

"oh my god," taehyung breathed out, stunned at the injuries he saw. he guessed jungkook's dad repeatedly kicked and beat him everywhere, and that made taehyung both angry and distressed. "we-we need to get you to a hospital, jungkook. you can be seriously injured a-and i can't take care of you-"

"n-no hospital," jungkook begged, opening his eyes to look at taehyung. "i-it's not b-bad."

"not bad? your body is f-full of bruises!" taehyung snapped, his anger taking over.

"believe me, i-i've had worse," jungkook cried, and taehyung swore he could hear his heart break. "j-just get me ice, pl-please."

taehyung wiped the tears that were starting to fall down and nodded, rushing to get the boy some ice, plus a wet cloth to clean the blood on his face. he came back to see jungkook a little calmed down, but still crying.

"b-baby, this is gonna hurt a lot. i'm so s-sorry," taehyung whispered as he put two ice packs on jungkook's torso, the younger hissing as he did. "i-i need to clean your face, too," taehyung said, trying to blink back his tears as he did. jungkook let out a breath and nodded.

taehyung began dabbing the wet cloth on jungkook's face and he immediately whimpered in pain. "t-tae-"

"i know it hurts, i need to do it," taehyung said, his voice shaky. he continued dabbing the younger's face, trying to ignore jungkook's cries of pain as he did.

after seeming to clean the blood off, taehyung immediately stopped, putting the wet cloth down on his nightstand. by now jungkook was almost completely calmed down, just a few hiccups leaving his lips from time to time. taehyung just watched the boy in silence, his mind racing through his own thoughts.

"a-are you sure you don't need to go to a hospital?" taehyung asked, breaking the long silence.

jungkook nodded. "i've had worse and even then, i still didn't go to a hospital," he mumbled, a small sniffle coming after.

taehyung put his head in his hands. "oh my god," he whispered. he wanted to do so many things. he had so many feelings and thoughts going through his body at the situation in front of him. he didn't know how to handle all of this.

he was still a kid, after all. he had problems of his own he hasn't dealt with yet, how was he supposed to deal with jungkook's?

"t-tae?" jungkook asked, his voice in a small whisper. taehyung looked up from his hands and he saw tears running down the younger's cheeks once again. "i'm sorry for being a b-burden," he cried, and taehyung was quick to wipe his tears. "i-i shouldn't have come here."

"no, don't say that. i'm so glad you came here. it's just - i don't know how to deal with all of this. b-but i'll figure it out. i just have to make sure you're okay because you're what's important here," taehyung tried reassuring the younger, but jungkook shook his head.

"instead of making sure i'm okay, you should make sure you're okay f-first," he said, a look of sympathy on his face. "you have demons of your own, tae. y-you shouldn't have to worry about me."

"but i do worry about you, kookie. i worry about you everyday," taehyung whispered, tears welling in his eyes again. "i care about you so much and you don't get that. i hate how much you're hurting because it hurts me even more. s-seeing you like this destroys me. it makes me sick."

"but i worry about you too, tae. th-the cuts you have on your body are self-inflicted and that hurts me too. i hate knowing you cause yourself both mental and physical pain. i hate knowing how much you h-hate yourself," jungkook whispered back, noticing the tears falling from taehyung's eyes. "you need to put yourself first, pl-please."

taehyung couldn't hold back anymore. he broke down crying, sobs shaking his whole body. jungkook was right - he needed to put himself first, but how could he when he absolutely hated himself?

jungkook held his stomach as he pushed himself to sit up, wincing as he did. "j-jungkook - lay back d-down," taehyung tried, but jungkook just grabbed his hand, both of them standing up. jungkook leaned on taehyung for support, as his whole body was absolutely screaming in pain.

but, he ignored it and wrapped his arms around taehyung's neck, engulfing the older boy in a hug. taehyung returned the gesture and cried harder. jungkook couldn't help but start crying too. this is what they both needed. they both needed to let everything out.

"i-i know that lately you're the one who's a-always been taking care of me, but for once, l-let me take care of you," jungkook softly said in taehyung's ear, and he felt the older nod into his shoulder.

"we-we take care of each other," taehyung softly replied back, pulling back to look into jungkook's teary eyes. "i-i need you to be the one who h-holds my broken pieces together," he whispered, and jungkook nodded, and suddenly, gravity pulled the two together, their lips molding into each other almost perfectly. it wasn't a long kiss, but that didn't matter. what matter was what the kiss felt like.

it wasn't like their old kisses when they were high. it wasn't sloppy or rushed. it was slow and beautiful and this time, when jungkook pulled back, he didn't freak out. he just went back to hugging taehyung, who hugged back, a smile threatening to make an appearance on his lips.

"i need you to be the one who holds my broken pieces together too," jungkook breathed out, and taehyung didn't even have to respond for him to know that the answer was a yes, a thousand times yes.

what the two didn't know, was that they weren't in broken pieces - they were each a broken piece, only being a whole when they were together.

-

this was short and as always poorly written but hey they kissed so

vote and comment ((: