~~~~~
A week passed and today was the night of the mating ball. Cameron would be staying at the pack house to make sure everything is under control. Even though I knew I would never get a mate, I still went every year trying to fill that void with random women.

The halls of my pack house were noisy and bustling making me get a slight headache. I already had my black suit on with matching shoes. I slicked my hair which was just a normal look of mine. I was ready to go but since all the women in the pack house were still not ready, we couldn't leave yet. Women take so long to get ready.

I was so bored that I decided to check on Jessica to make sure she's staying in the pack house. I throw open my door and stride out. People make way for me when I walk past and bow their heads. I ignore the fact that they all fall silent when I make my way past. It was always like this so I was used to it. It made sure they knew who was in control.

When I was stood outside of Jessica's room, I open the door and I see Jessica stuff a piece of material under her duvet. She turns to me quickly and looks flushed. I narrow my eyes at her noticing her sheepish look.

I open my mouth to say something when she cuts me off and grins at me while saying, "You look handsome..." I feel pride erupt through me and I momentarily forget about what I was going to ask.

I feel a smile tug at my lips as I adjust my blazer. "Do I now?" I let the smile appear of my face and Jessica blushes and nods, her hair falling in front of her face.

"Well I'm going to look handsome at the ball." Jessica's face falls and I almost want to tell her she can come but I didn't want any men looking at her, there were some real creeps at places like those. Also, there have been some kidnappings at mating balls, it could be dangerous. "You're staying here." I state and she sighs heavily before flopping down onto her bed.

"Yeah, yeah I know." Jessica juts her bottom lip out into a pout and folds her arms making her boobs raise. My eyes unconsciously follow the movement and I could feel myself get a little excited.

"Hey!" Jessica whines so I look up to meet her embarrassed gaze.

I chuckle softly and cross my arms. Jessica watches my biceps flex and bites her lip. Cute.

I made my face harden and raise an eyebrow, "Promise to stay here?"

"I promise." Jessica firmly nods and smiles. I raise my arm and check my Rolex watch and see its 7:28pm. We needed to leave soon so we could spend a reasonable time to there.

"Well, I need to go. Make sure you're a good girl." I roll my shoulders and stride out.

I walk out and stand waiting for the pack members, who are attending, to come out. Minutes later, we were loading up the mini buses to take us there.

When we arrive, I didn't even have to tell people to get out as they all rushed into the ball. I stepped out slowly and walked in. As soon as I entered, the smell of sweat and alcohol assaulted my nostrils. It smelt like a cheap club as always.

When I walked, women stared with lust filled eyes but I wasn't interested. I made a beeline towards the bar and ordered a  beer. I was feeling tense at the moment and didn't know why, I downed the beer as quickly as I could. 

I scanned the crowd easily as my tall frame allowed easy access to see over people. No women had caught my eye yet so I watch the entrance waiting for a beauty to catch my attention and who would entertain me tonight.

I feel a presence beside me and smell a sweet fragrance. I don't even bother to turn as I didn't think she'll be able to entertain me.

"Hey, you're hot." I hear a squeaky voice comment. I roll my eyes. Tell me something I don't know.

"And you're annoying. Go away." I snap and order another beer. It's placed in front of me and a hand reaches out and takes it. I scowl and turn to where the hand came from and see a woman. She wasn't too bad looking but nothing special overall. She scoffs and flips her choppy blonde hair over her shoulder and rolls her eyes.

"You don't have to be rude." The girl hisses and I chuckle harshly.

"Never told you to come and try to have a conversation with me." I shrug.

"Ugh! You're an asshole! You're not even that cute anyways!" The woman stomps off and I could see her lanky form disappear into the crowd. I finished off my beer and make my way to where Rosy was standing. 

When I stood next to her she whispers to me, "No girl tonight? That's a first." I just shrug.

"No one has caught my eye yet."

She laughs and replies with, "Maybe you're getting too old for this life of shagging and dumping." My eyes were trained on the entrance and I saw something that made me take a sharp intake of breath. A beautiful woman had just entered and I knew she was going to be mine for tonight. The woman had a black silk dress with a slit at the side allowing people to see her long legs. I needed to see more. I stride towards her and I feel Rosy follow me hastily. As I got closer, I could see a resemblance to someone. I narrow my eyes and clench my jaw.

This girl NEVER listens to me. Damn it!

"Isn't that Jessica?" Rosy asks but I ignore her stupid question. My only goal right now was to get to her before any other men sweep her away. I could see men stare at her with lust in their eyes which made me so pissed. I knew this would happen if she came. Her beauty attracts all sorts of people.

A man approaches her and they start having a conversation. I barge past people who wouldn't move out of the way. My eyes were trained on the man and his actions. He hadn't tried anything fishy yet but you can never be too sure. Jessica laughs at something he says and the man looks smug. He leans forward next to her ear and whispers something making her blush. When he does that, I try to move my legs even faster to reach her.

When I reach, I immediately grab the mans hand, which was advancing towards her face, and throw it away. Jessica turns to me and her confusion morphs into shock. "Za-Zander?" She gasps and I give her a deadly smile.

"Za-Zander?" I mock, my tone deadly serious. "Yes, baby, it's me." I wrap an arm around her waist and bring her towards me. Jessica's eyes watch me curiously and I stand there with my arm wrapped around her, not looking down at her.

I bend my head and harshly whisper into her ear, "Why don't you ever listen to me, Jessica? I told you to be a good girl and you walk in here looking good enough to eat and expect me to not find out?" I chuckle darkly and she shivers in my arms. "And you come and talk to this prick?! Jessica, Jessica, Jessica." I tut and tighten my grip on her waist letting her know she's in trouble.

Again.

~~~~~~
Alright so I feel like this chapter ain't really good but I feel like it's because I wrote the whole chapter in a mans POV so I find it hard to illustrate how a man would act. If that makes sense?
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and next chapter will be up tomorrow as I updated late. If you didn't see my comment on chapter 23, I said I was too tired to update yesterday so it's coming out today! Sorry!
Anyways, just wanna say that I watched Captain America: Civil War yesterday and I felt so sorry for Tony Stark because it's like everyone hates him for anything bad happens after the avengers finish saving the world. Is it just me?? Comment if you do too!

Have a good day xx