The Distance Between Us

Chapter 6
- The Distance Between Us -
______________________________________

"Dying?! What the hell Tony, are you out of your mind?! She's not dying!" Fury shouted from the call.

"What? He's not going back if I didn't say that." Tony replied in annoyance.

"Well that is just too much." Fury said as he sighed. "Look, if he get mad, you take care of him okay?" Fury asked.

"Yeah whatever." Tony said and he was about to hung up until something snapped in his mind. "Hey Fury!" He shouted. "Can you help me a bit?" He asked bitterly.

"If it is sane then okay." Fury said in his 'as a matter of fact' tone.

"Huh!" Tony said in annoyance. "So I would really need your help by sending Nat and Steve on the same mission for they to get along." Tony said with a humming.

"Agent Romanoff has retired Stark." Fury replied.

"Well just say that she is the only agent that is smart or skilled enough for the mission and Steve and her are good partners, just pretend that you didn't know their problem, it's easy." Tony said by emphasized all of it with the air quotations.

"Woah fine boi." Fury said as he hung up.

"Hope that will at least made them talk to each other." Tony mumbled and he sighed.

When he is about to quit his room, he saw Natasha standing in front of it.

"WOAH!" He jumped because he got surprised. "How long have you been standing there Nat?!" Tony said a little bit nervous because he is talking about Nat and Steve before, he is afraid that Natasha heard that.

"I just get here, I was about to knock but you suddenly appear." Natasha said flatly, avoiding any eye contact.

"Oh thank God." Tony said happily.

"What? Why?" Natasha asked in confusion as she keep on looking to left and then right.

"Nothing hehe." Tony lied and Natasha rolled her eyes. "So, what do you need?" Tony asked since Natasha was about to visit him before.

"I.. uh.. I don't know exactly." Natasha said looking down.

"Uh? You okay?" Tony asked in concern.

"I think I am. I just wanted to say thank you." Natasha said finally looking at him.

"For what? I didn't do anything." Tony asked in confusion.

"Thanks for being there with me when I needed someone, you know at the party and also thanks for your concern and the others concern too but I'm perfectly fine so just.. mind your own business." Natasha said nervously.

"It's fine, don't mention it." Tony said with a smile and Natasha returned a smile. "You sure you're okay now?" Tony asked in concern.

"I always am, just now I decided to finally walk out, I have finished my business." She replied bitterly. "Uh.. I'll be at the dining room then, bye." She said avoiding eye contact an left.