Two Broken Hearts

Chapter 3
- Two Broken Hearts -
______________________________________

Steve's eyes widened as he heard what she said, his heartbeat began to race, he started to sweat until he realise.. it's not the love he wished for.

"As a friend of course." Natasha said with a side smile and looked away to the sky.

Somehow, Steve's heart got a little bit ached knowing she only consider him as a friend, nothing more. "I love you too." Steve said with a sincere smile and Natasha looked back at him, returning the smile and they looked away to the sky again. Steve was actually reffering another love, not love as a friends but as more than friends. This night, Steve finally admitted that he loved her, somehow he felt strange because he never thought he will feel love again, especially for her, Natasha.

"Speaking about love, how is it going between you and the nurse?" Natasha suddenly said, breaking the silence between them.

"We.. we're nothing." Steve replied as he got surprised by Natasha's question.

"You kissed her." Natasha said with a little laugh and looked at him.

"Well that doesn't mean I loved her." Steve said with a smirk. "It's just a thank you kiss, nothing more." Steve said with his eyes looked down and Natasha nooded with mouting an "o". "Beside.." Steve suddenly said with his eyes looking at her and Natasha raised an eyebrow up. "I loved someone else." He said with the most sincere tone and sincere smile, straightly looking into those green emerald eyes and Natasha smiled happily.

"Do I know this lucky gal? Or is it a dude?" Natasha asked with a laugh with her eyes observing the sky.

"It's a girl, and I am pretty sure you know her well." Steve replied nervously as he descended his face and Natasha mouthed "o" with a nod.

"I'm happy for you." Natasha said with a smile as she patted his shoulder and Steve smiled back. "If only you knew." He said to himself and then they both looked at the stars again.

It's been a half of hour since they both standing there at the balcony. Natasha started to hug herself as she felt the windy air pierced her skin.

Steve realise her weird act and assuming that she is cold so he decided to take his coat off and put it around her shoulder and Natasha flinced as his fingers touched her skin.

"Sorry, just take this." Steve said with a smile, nervously.

"Thanks." Natasha replied with a smile.

"Eh.. I guess I'll be going inside. People might get drunk by now." Steve said with a smile and Natasha smiled back than he walked away.

A hour has passed and Natasha finally decided to go back in. As she entered the room, she saw many peoples getting crazy and she gave a little laugh on seeing such silly things.

"Hey there Natalie! I see you enjoyed the balcony with Steve than being here with us." Tony said as he hit her shoulder playfully with his elbow.

As the mention of Steve, Natasha realise that she needed to give him back his coat and as a return of what Tony said, Natasha only rolled her eyes and Tony laughed.

"Where is he anyway?" Natasha asked him with her eyes observing the place.

"Probably with the hot chick." Tony said teasing her and she rolled her eyes with a little laugh. "What? Not jealous?" Tony asked her with both eyebrows up.