Chapter 23, Bleak boy

Beginne am Anfang

"Where you off to, Amber?" he asks.

"She's going on a date," Jessy laughs. I send her a look that can kill, because none of this is out my of my own free-will really. It's just because Blake 'technically' won the race last night. Nobody seems bothered that I 'technically' would've won if my tyre didn't get shot.

The door bell rings before I can correct Jessy and my heart literally stops.

"I feel obliged to open the door," Uncle Anton says and gets up.

He has a button-up shirt and normal pants - which is fine, but he's still wearing his bunny slippers which gets a sigh out of me.

"Hello, young man," Uncle Anton says when he opens the door.

I rush to go intercept him.

"Good day," Blake says and smirks when he sees me. He's wearing a leather Jacket again. I wonder if he has seven identical leather Jackets to wear for every day of the week.

"What is your business with my niece?" Uncle Anton asks skeptically.

"Uncle, this is the boy I was going to tell you about," I interrupt, "He's a bit slow - if you know what I mean. Really 'special'. I have to take him for a walk, because his brain will decrease twice the speed it already is, if he doesn't get exercise," I explain.

"Uhh, I don't-" Blake starts, but I send him a look that says I'm only allowed to go if he plays along. Even though it's probably not the case at all. I just really want to see this scene unfold.

Blake hands me a scowl before looking back at Uncle Anton. An annoyed glaze covers his silver eyes. "Uhhh... I.... Huh... Hellooo, sir. I... Uhh... am Blake," Blake says.

It takes me all of my strength to not start laughing out loud.

Uncle Anton's expression suddenly turns into something a grandmother would have and even though Blake is pretty tall, Uncle Anton talks to him like he's small. "Heh-lowww, Blake. You are a really big boy, you know that? Can you take care of my niece?" Uncle Anton asks like he's talking to a toddler.

I can see Blake's getting frustrated, but he just hands Uncle Anton a 'I'm really stupid' smile to play along.

"Blake over here can count to ten if he concentrates!" I announce.

Blake over here sends me a look that promises a painful death, before he puts his dumb-look back on.

"Really, Blake? That is great! Let us see," Uncle Anton says.

Blake is going to explode any second, but he keeps the dumb look. "One... twooo.... three.... f-four... five... six... s-seven... eight-"

"Ten!" Uncle Anton finishes. I don't even bother reminding him about nine, because Blake will literally kill me if I keep this up.

"Say Bye-bye, Mister Marigold Brown," I tell Blake.

Oh, he's going to kill me alright.

"Bye-bye, Mister Marigold Brown," Blake says.

Jessy pulls Uncle Anton back into the house before he can spot the motorcycle that's parked at the side of the road. Two helmets are strapped to the back.

"Uhh... there's no way I'm getting onto that thing. I really prefer cars," I explain. I don't have a problem with motorcycles specifically. Just holding onto Blake while he's driving one.

"After the shit you pulled back there, you really don't have a choice, Darling," Blake growls. His death glare is even more intense than what it was with Uncle Anton around. Oh, he's very serious.