"Hey, I'm okay." I said as I wiped her tears off.

"It's good to see you all well, alpha." Christopher bowed.

I got annoyed. I raised my eyebrow at him. He realising what I meant said "Oh, sorry Zoe. It's good to see you Zoe." He smiled.

I smiled back. It was good to see the most important people in my life standing in front of me. Expect for the mating ceremony guy obviously. Alpha stone.

"Here are some antibiotics, if you feel too dizzy or think you have a fever, you might take them, but only after a meal." He said handing them to me.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Two days" James said.

Soon Alex and Marie left, after giving me advice to heal quickly. Eat good and rest , no stress and no pack work. That was the mantra. I could feel my senses coming back to me, like my sense of smell telling me this wasn't my bed, obviously the large room with nothing on the wall except television was there, but the fact I wasn't in a hospital made me happy.

"Zoe?" I looked up at Aubrey's blue eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you." She said looking at Stone and Christopher.
"Alone."

Both of them looked at each other for a second and walked out, and closed the door.

"Aubrey , did you forget that werewolves can hear from that distance?" I asked her.

"I know, but only if they're willing to." She said smiling.
"And they won't, atleast my mate won't." She said.

"Oh okay, so what do you want to say?" I asked her.

"Alpha Stone is your mate." She said.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Aren't you happy?" She asked.

"Uh, I - I just don't feel anything- no I mean it could be a mistake, like he feels it but I don't." I said justifying.

"What? Seriously that night you went to the mating ceremony after 3 long years how would you know how it feels like?" She said annoyed.

"Woah. I feel like a little sister now." I said joking.

"Zoe" Aubrey said seriously.
"He is your mate, I've seen it in his eyes, and just because you haven't been to a mating ceremony before doesn't mean you completely lose the ability to have a mate."

"Okay, I understand. But how are you so sure Aubrey?" I asked.

"Because he didn't move from that couch since two days." She said and left off, leaving me awestruck.

What the heck. He didn't move from the couch since I was here? Holy. Was he actually my mate? The mate my mom was excited about since I had turned 18? Is he the one?

The door clicked open bringing me back to my thoughts. Stone came in. He looked at me. Somehow his eyes spoke more than his face.

"Are you hungry?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"A little I guess. What about you?" I asked.

He moved his eyes away from my face.
"I wasn't unconscious Zoe." He said.

I sighed , somehow I wasn't able to get it out if my mouth. Somehow a thankyou was getting hard for me. And why was he lying to me? I cleared my throat.
"I need to freshen up, first." I said.

"I'll get your clothes from home." He said as he started to walked off.

"Wait!" I called out. He stopped and came back.