4

Cassidy was sitting in the wheel chair. The life looked it was being sucked out of her.

I couldn't deal with the facts that she told me she only had a week to live. It really is affecting me.

Things have all been stacking up on me like a ton of bricks. Putting on a good face for the pack, dealing with the elite females of the pack that's don't seem to like anything that I do, my relationship with my mate and how he's always going on business trips and spending little to no time with me.

"You've been doing great." Says Cassidy as words of encouragement to me.

"Thank you."

I say as I curled her hair. She loves her hair curled. She wanted it curled for the last time.

Mom doesn't spend time with Cassidy because she always hosting parties with former Lunas or mothers of Alpha's.

Yet she does not have time for Cassidy. Which breaks my heart.

"I don't like the females here." Says Cassidy.

"Why would that be." I ask.

"They keep taking mess about you. After how above and beyond you go for these people. They always keeping comparing you to Manuela." She says sounding annoyed.

They always compare me to her.  And I don't know why. I'm the Luna not her. But I shouldn't be jealous.

"They are used to her and not me. Plus she's not that bad."

Cassidy turns around and grabs my arm.

"I'd be careful if I was you. I don't like or trust that girl." She says.

"Why?"

"I saw her in the conner taking to your mate. But I get some bad feeling about him and her." Says Cassidy. "Plus why does she live in a cabin far away from the pack?"

Zor was taking to Manuela. That's odd.

Later that week here we were. Cassidy was at her death bed. Mom wasn't here.

Just me.

I had tears falling down my eyes. I never seem Cassidy this tried and weak. Why did this have to happen to her.

"Please don't leave me." I cried.

"You can figure everything out." She says softly. She looks like she having trouble breathing. The doctors couldn't do anything about it.

"I love you so much Cassidy. I am happy to have you as a sister." I say holding her hand.

"Thank you." It was barley audible. That's when her breathing stopped.

All I could do is break down.

I have no one.

My best friend/ sister has passed.

My mother got back from a party when she found out about Cassidy's death. Her face showed no emotions. As she walked over to see her.

She looked at me and glared.

"Stop crying and get yourself together. We have a pack gathering later."

I couldn't go. I needed to get everything organized for Cassidy's Funeral.

My mother slapped me and dragged me to my room. Since I didn't want to leave Cassidy.  She forced me for get ready and put on a good face for everyone when inside I was dying. My mother would with a metal bar if I kept crying which was harder.

My mother forced to be a Luna. I had to organize Cassidy's Funeral all by myself. I couldn't believe that my mother was acting as if she didn't care for Cassidy.

Later that week I  had the funeral home ready and I invited everyone but no one showed up. It was just Cassidy in her casket and me sitting on the bench crying the pain for the lose of my sister. I had a priest have a little ceremony and that's was it.

I walked up to the casket where Cassidy was lying in. I couldn't help but drop to my knees and cry.

My only sister is dead. And everyone is treating this  as if a pet fish died which still is sad but still it's not the same.

I felt strong arms wrap around.  I could tell by the sparks it was Zor. I didn't think he'd be back from his trip.

"Cry little one." He says.

As I hold him and become undone. He rubbed my back in a comforting way. Which was comforting.

"She's in a better place."He says holding me.

"It's not fair." I cry out.

"Life never is."

The next Zor and I stood in front of my sister's grave. He accompanied me.

Just us.

He took me out to eat after the funeral. Here we were.

"Why do you do that." He questions me.

"Do what?"

"Scratch her wrist everytime I'm bear you. You do it quite frequently but just when I'm around." He says rasing his eyebrow.

He noticed. 

"How did you know?"

"I notices  the small things about you mate." He says pouring himself some whiskey.

"I get nervous. You happen to be really intimidating." I say.

He laughs and real laugh. It made me feel good.

"Well I do apologize Mags." He says. "You are the last person I want to feel in intimated by me."

"Mags?"

I haven't been called that in a long time. I ... Like it.

"My Mags." He says.

"I thought you didn't like me?"

I still think that.

"No I like you... i like you a lot. It's just this took me by surprise." He says. "Never thought I'd fine my mate."

Neither did I. But here we are.

"Are you dissapointed."

"Not at all. You are a gem."

A month went by. Zor and I spent time together we started to closer to eachother. I knew all his pet peeves, what he liked what he didn't. We would go out to dinner. We would watch movies.

I fell in love. So much in love with him.

He's my whole world.

"Have you seen my mate?" I asked Laurel, the Beta female.

She smirked.

"I don't know but can you deliver this to Manuela at her cabin." She says handing me a bad of bread.

"Sure of course."

I walked to cabin which took me about ten minutes. That when my heart dropped.

The window to her cabin was open.

I stood there watching Zor having kissing her while them continued to have sex.

---------------------

Vote

Comment

Follow

D.D.S