💭💭💭

"So Seb, where are we going?" I toyed with my phone as I stared at Sebastian who was securing himself with a seatbelt.

He placed a hand on the steering wheel and faced me.

"It's a surprise." He winked. I shrugged and shifted in my seat.

Where was he taking me to? A surprise he said. I love surprises.

A knock on the window by my side startled me. My sister poked her annoying face into the car as Seb lowered the window. He shot her a timid smile but she glared at him instead of returning his smile.

"Listen here young man, I don't know who you are, but it's my baby sister you have in your car, make sure you bring her back safely. If anything happens to even a strand of her hair, I'll hunt you down with my pack."

Pack? Seriously. I groaned as Sebastian nodded slowly, intimidated by the threat displayed in her words.

"Good, and you baby sister, keep it closed." She gestured at my thighs and I rolled my eyes in response.

Soon, the car was moving smoothly on the asphalt road, slightly jerking at uneven points.

The still evening breeze tickled the side of my face, lifting a few strands of my hair in the process. I turned to Seb and noticed the gentle air was having the same effect on him.

"I'm sorry you had to experience my sister's dark side. She's really protective of me." I spoke, trying to make Sebastian understand why my sister attacked him the way she did.

"It's OK Florence, I'm quite protective of my sister too. I remember beating up some guy for her."

"Tell me about it." I glanced briefly at the darkness surrounding us and moved my eyes to Sebastian who was totally concentrating on the road in front, taking my sister's threat into consideration.

"Anna went to a party hosted by one of the cheerleaders in her school, that was a few months ago. According to her while she was dancing, a guy she recognized began touching her inappropriately. After warding him off, she made a call to me and told me about it..."

"What did you do?" I stifled a laughter by pressing my hand on my chest.

"I did what any brother would do." He drummed on the steering wheel with his fingers. While he was focused on the road, I studied him.

Seb was a nice guy, from the little time I spent with him, he showed me a side of him. He was so protective of the people he loved. I remembered how he held his sister's hand and spoke consoling words to her. His personality was really charming and addictive. If I wasn't involved with Philip or Peter, I would have felt something for him, honestly.

"We've arrived." Sebastian's voice pulled me away from my thoughts. I took a brief glance at the area around the car. We were surrounded by nothing at all except the huge trees which towered far above us and the creatures that occasionally made strange noises.

"What are we doing here?"

Sebastian whose fingers were attached to the handle of the door, turned to me with a reassuring smile on his face.

"Just trust me." He opened the door and a wild gust of air hit me. I shivered slightly in the thin clothes that barely kept me from freezing.

"The last time I trusted someone, I ended up regretting why I did."

I remembered the unbearable feeling of being hurt when I found Peter in an intimate moment with Maya. Twice, not even once! How could I trust Sebastian when I knew virtually nothing about his life other that he was Philip's best friend, he had a twin, and that he had a sister who I only saw once. Were those enough facts to deem a person as trust worthy? Absolutely no, a big no!