Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Start from the beginning

"Malik you're back?" , she asked groggily covering the yawn that escaped her mouth with the palm of her hand.

"Hey mummy, yes I'm back beautiful ,he answers leaning to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm not beautiful" , she snorted.

"No you're beautiful Zain" ,he argued lightly with a chuckle.

"No I'm not. I'm so big and huge like a giant elephant, my feet are swollen like an ogre's and my nose is so big like a boxing glove. Let's not even talk about my bird's nest hair. What a sorry excuse for beautiful."

She pouted.

"That's because you are pregnant babe. Where did you learn those horrible comparisms by the way?"

"I don't know i just see and compare. But it's worth it all."
She stated softly rubbing her hands on her big tummy.

"Yes it is and you're still beautiful to me,pregnant or not."

"I was watching Dora the explorer before i dozed off" ,she chuckled.

"Why? I thought you hate animations ", his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Yeah but apparently the baby enjoys them. It's good for the baby i guess."
She giggled.

"Come on let's get you to bed princess ".

He helped her into the bedroom and tuck her in after which he took a quick shower and joined her.

*********************
3:51 am

Zain squirm as she felt a dull pain in her pelvic region. Her eyes opened and immediately got rid of the sleep in them. The pain increased in sharpness and travelled up to her spine making her breath in large puffs as sweat travelled down her back. She sat up but the pain was still torturing her with more muscle contraction. Her ragged breaths woke Malik up as he quickly sat up. Thinking it was her usual time to wake up in need of water her slipped out of bed and began to make his way out of the room to get her some.

Zain clutched her stomach as the pain became more intense,feeling the dampness flowing between her legs,she spread them apart.

"Maliiiiik..." , she screetched in ragged tone.

"I just got you some water,here".
He passed her the glass turning on the light but the situation he saw Zain in almost made him drop the glass to the tiled floor.

"My water just broke Malik,baby time. Aaaaahhhhh take me to the hospital now!" , she barked drenching in sweat.

"Oh my God Zain,hold on."

He quickly changed and got the car ready. He helped her out of the house and inside the car locking the house behind him. The drive to the hospital was relatively shorter despite that the hospital wasn't far from their home.
The nurses immidiately attended to Zain rushing her into the delivery room. Malik felt restless even though the doctor had told them to expect labour anytime as the delivery has exceeded the expected day,he still couldn't help the anxiousness. He called up both of their families and informed them. In less than twenty minutes,the hospital reception was swarmed with both families.

"Excuse me,are you Mrs Zainab's husband?".

Malik glanced up at the middle aged nurse with a petite body in front of him.

"Yes i am" .

"She wants to you inside there with her."