Chapter 46 (The divorce)

Hey #TLIMMsquad how are we all? Have i told you how amazing you all are? I love every of your comments because they come from what you feel about this whole story and it shows me that you truly are following this story and reacting to it. Thank you so much guys... i appreciate every one of you.
A special shoutout goes to (@kahdeeja) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you sweetheart you're amazing. Hope you enjoy the chapter.
************

He was stunned by her question as the worried look on her face grew deeper. He didn't want her to blame herself for his marital issues that's why he didn't disclose it to her from the first time.

"Look Amal,you are not the reason for it at all. Don't even think of blaming yourself please."
He quickly said as she shook her head in regret.
"I am really sorry Malik for getting you caught up in a mess like this."

She muttered feeling guilt taking over her.

"Please Amal stop this."

He said sternly making her swallow back the words she was trying to form. She just nodded in understanding instead while deep down her mind was filled with so much puzzles and questions she'd rather not think of their answers. Silence filled the room with the tension still thick in the air before Amal finally shifted her weight to her left foot and spoke.
"I should go now and get my work done in time,i need to be at the hospital later".

"I will take you".

Amal scrunched up her nose at Malik's statement. Even when she wanted him around but she felt it is not the right time to place any more burden on him.
"No you don't have to. I'm good ".
She stated pulling the door knob to make her way out.

"I insist Amal. Let me do this please"

He pleaded clearly not ready to give up,she had no choice but to agree to him taking her. With the plan to inform him when she's done and ready to leave,she left his office for her office.

******************
"Malik stop with the creepy attitude and let go off my hand!"

He didn't release her arm as she instructed but only loosen his firm grip on her. She gave a sigh of resignation and walked with him by his side,they look like a normal couple in love from afar but both of them know they're far from that.

It's been a month since Zain left Malik's home and all his attempts to reach out to her had seemed futile. So today,determined to see her he drove to their office and parked at some spot a little far from Zain's workplace.
Luckily for him,about 15 minutes later he spotted her along with her friend Munira clearly heading out to lunch. They were looking at something from Zain's phone while they bursted with laughter. Her face was radiant and beautiful as always, the smile on her face gave him a clear indication that she has moved on. Realising that he might miss talking to her if he stays ogling over her from his spot,he quickly bolted out from his car and locked it. He took long strides so as to reach them fast and heard her giggling,how he missed hearing her laughter. Munira was the first to spot him right in front of them as she clamped her mouth in a grim line from what she was trying to say. Zain noticed her friend's sudden silence and turned to see what was distracting her from their conversation. She immidiately stiffened seeing who it was. A scowl replaced the happy look on her face immidiately glaring at him as she felt a stab of pain in her chest.

"Zain"...
He breathed feeling so far away from her.

"What are you doing here Malik? This is my work place and you know you can't be here".
Zain scoffed still shooting daggers at him but he couldn't care less. Munira felt the tension growing thicker in the air and took it as a cue for her to leave the two sort themselves out. She touched Zain's arm and informed her she will be waiting for her in the cafetaria. Zain nodded stiffly at her as she watched her leave.