Chapter 5: The Myth

Lukas Pov:

"Legend says if you find a well you can wish for anything you want, but you can only wish once," Ivor said with a grin in his face. "Do you know where it is by any chance? "No, sadly I never got the chance to go." He replied. "I have a map hold on Blondie!" He said. I rolled my eyes I hated that name, but I remembered why I was doing this. 

I was doing this for Jesse not for me. A few seconds later he come back with the map. "Here Blondie!" He said. I snatched the map from him. "Geez." He whined. "That's what you get for calling me Blondie," I shouted. He just shrugged and went back inside his house. 

"Okay, map show me where this well is," I thought. It looked like it was close to the far lands. "Looks like I'll need my horse," I said. When, I got to my house I went to the stable. I grabbed my horse and we were off. I still had a chance to get Jesse back and I couldn't waste it. 

Time skip:

It was now night and the horse and I both needed a break. I put the horse to a halt and I got off and tied it to a tree. I looked around and we were in a forest. Their were no animals around so I started looking for any apples or berries. I searched around, keeping an eye out for any mobs.

Then, I found some apples. 2 to be more precise. I walked back to where my horse was and fed it one. After, that I ate mine. I could have almost called it a fine night, but then a hoard of zombies came.

I swiftly untied my horse and we went farther into the forest until I lost sight of the hoard. Then, I got off my horse tying it to another tree, but this time I made a hut protecting both me and the horse.

At that moment, I took out my map and we were getting closer, but we still had a long way to go. "Could I do it?" I thought. "What i-" No! I mustn't think if that, I must stay positive," I told myself. Then, I dozed off. 

Dream:

I saw Jesse, she was in pain. We were in some room. She was gritting her teeth mumbling something. Then, she collapsed.

I woke up sweating. I didn't know what this meant. If I bring her back will she still be in pain? I tried not to think about it. Instead, I focused on the bright side of things for once in my life, just like Jesse did. I know I can do this! I have to. I need to do this for everyone. Without her the team will fall apart. I yawned and eventually fell back asleep.

It was early morning when I woke up. I took out my map to double check which way to go. I untied my horse once again and took off. I kept my head high and thought about what Jesse had told me,"Stop worrying." I decided to do just that, although it was very hard to do because worrying is what I do.

Then I heard someone saying, "Stop." I looked around to see who it was. "Oh great." I mumbled. It was Ivor out of all people. "Have you been following me Ivor?" I said. "Not exactly you see I made a copy just in case," Ivor said. "How did you even catch up to me Ivor?" I said. "I have my ways," he replied with a sheepish grin. Then, he disappeared out of my sight. "Okay, anyways I should start moving again," I thought.

After about what felt like years of exploring I finally had found the well, it was quite exquisite, and well designed. Okay, I only get one shot at this. I took a deep breath. "You found it!" I voice said. "Ivor where did you come from!" I jumped from being startled. "I told you Blondie I have my ways." "Ok." I replied while rolling my eyes at him. "Go on make your wish!" Ivor said excitedly.