Chapter 2: Breathless

Lukas Pov

"Jesse wake up. Wake up," I told Jesse. She blinked a few times as if she were realizing something wasn't real. Her eyes somewhat mixed with tiredness, and a troubled expression. "L-Lukas is that you." "Yes, Jesse it is," I replied.

Jesse Pov

I started to feel snug, and half of me was grateful that he woke me up. "Thanks Lukas. I..I owe you one," I said gratefully. He didn't reply he just gave me a smile that quickly faded away. I couldn't help, but think about my dream it was so strange in fact everything seemed strange. At that moment, my head started throbbing. I put my hands on my head hoping that massaging it would help, but it didn't. Instead it just made my head feel worse.

"Jesse you okay?" I heard Lukas say. "I been better," I muttered. Then next thing I know Lukas is standing right in front of me. He looked me in the eye and said,"Its going to be fine we'll find a way to fix this."

Next day (Midnight)

I looked to my right noticing Lukas was sleep. I tried to get up, but fell down. Luckily, it didn't wake Lukas up. Then, I tried again, but this time putting my hand on the wall for support. I limped over to were Lukas was sleeping and noticed his book on the table, although I really didn't want to go through his book, I grabbed it and I limped to the closest chair I could find. I started reading it said:

I'm not sure about how this is gonna go down, I  want to find hope, but I don't know if I can. I couldn't find the bright side, not to this. Its just like destroying the command block, made everyone else better, but come with a cost. Its like she got wither sickness in exchange for everyone else's.

I put the book down and my mind just went blank, I couldn't feel anything, it was like my brain told my body to shut down. "Lukas," I screamed with all my might. Then, their was nothing except darkness. I felt like my own body just gave up on me. I felt hopeless as if I would never see the light of day again. 

Lukas Pov

I instantly, was startled and I rubbed my eyes, then looking around I saw Jesse laying there on the floor. I got up from my chair and crouching next to her I grabbed her hands. "No. No! Jesse don't give up on me now, not after everything, not after the adventures we all been through. We need you!" I shook her, trying desperately to get her to respond. Then, I felt her move trying to fight it. "Don't give up Jesse. We need you here with us!" Then, I shook her again, harder this time. Her eyes opening, she was breathing hard, gasping for breath. I pulled her in for a hug, a tear running down my face. "I thought I was gonna lose you I really did. We need you Jesse, without you we wouldn't be the new order of the stone."

Jesse Pov

I couldn't thank Lukas enough. H-he really believed in me. Tears were running down my face as we still hugged. I vaguely remembered what he told me, but all I could remember was him telling me, ''We need you.'' It echoed in my mind, it gave me strength, it made me feel like their was still hope.

Later that day...

The sun was barely rising, I felt a glimmer of hope, as the words Lukas told me, stuck with me. Then that throbbing pain came back, but I learned from the last time. I sat down trying to think of anything else that could help calm me, but nothing. I couldn't think straight. I let out a frustrated sigh, not knowing that Lukas was behind me.

"You can't hid this from them Jesse, you need to tell them. Especially Petra, she already knows what it causes, she can spot that probably in two seconds top," Lukas said. "Yea I know its just...its just that I need time a little more t-time," I said while coughing. "Do you want me to tell them Jesse?" "Yeah," she said with a worryful expression.

Petra Pov

I arrived in Beacon town, a little early to avoid all the townspeople. I walked into the order hall looking at all the treasures we collected on are recent journeys. I sat down waiting for the rest of the order to get here. Then, Axel and Olivia came in. Guess they had the same idea as me now, we just need Jesse and Lukas now," I thought. "Hey guys," I said. "Hey Petra," they both said. "Any idea were me might be headed today?" I asked. "Nope," Olivia replied. "Hmm..maybe Boom town," Axel said. "Didn't you already go there." "Maybe," Axel said. "Wouldn't really be an adventure then would it," the orange haired girl said. 

Jesse Pov

We were just outside the order hall about to go in when Lukas asked me,"You ready?" "Yes," I answered. We walked, in Lukas holding on to my arm to make sure I didn't fall. "Hey guys," I said sadly. Petra looked up and said,"What's with the glum expression, are you okay?" Lukas began to say," Jesse has, but as he was saying that their was a loud bang noise. Then, the next thing I know, was we were all getting sucked up into something....