Chapter 4: Lipstick Lesbians

        Ariel nervously debated whether she should find another route to class, or confront the two girls. Although she didn't want to get involved in any drama, or have to keep any secrets, she really didn't want to be late for class, as she had been told the consequences for such a crime (during the welcome speech that the Dean, Frollo, had given): having your cell phone taken away, and 3-hour Bible studies after classes for 2 days. Ariel was a Christian, a fairly proud one, in-fact, but she assumed that "Bible-studies" was code for "reasons why being gay is wrong," so, ultimately, she decided to walk past them and hope that Aurora and Meg would be too busy trying not to swallow each other to notice her. Just as luck would have it, the two did indeed notice her, and froze in place after detaching their lips from one-another. Ariel, whose cover had also been blown, stopped as well.

"Shit," Meg mumbled.

        "Look, can we just please pretend this never happened?," Aurora pleaded to Ariel.

"With pleasure," Ariel casually stated, trying to move forward to her class.

"No, you have to swear you won't tell," Meg grabbed her wrist. Ariel hoped she wouldn't be making a habit out of that.

"I promise."

"You have to swear."

"Whatever, I swear." Ariel started to continue down the hallway but turned around when she couldn't help but wonder something, no matter how nosy the question she was about to ask would be.

"Is this why you and Jasmine broke up?" Both girls remained silent for several moments. 

"It's really none of your business," Megara finally uttered.

"I'll take that as a yes. Why are you guys so scared anyways?" Both Aurora and Meg's faces were dripping with worry, but Aurora’s face had a hint of that Ariel, you're such a stupid moron face that she had made the night before. 

"Not only have we been sneaking around behind someone's back, but if two girls even get caught holding hands they have to take H.R. classes for a week."

"Heterosexuality Reconstruction classes," Meg awkwardly translated

        "Yeah, I know. Look, I won't tell, but I'm going to be late. Can we discuss this later at lunch or something?" Aurora gave her that you’re such an idiot, can't you see what's right in front of you look again.

        "Are you crazy? If me and Meg are seen together at lunch, they'll know something’s up.

"Fine, I'll talk to Aurora at lunch"

        "No way, Belle is going to want to sit with us, and she's super nosy." Disagreements went on for another 30 seconds or so, but they finally decided to meet later after classes.

                        Ariel finally reached her class, and was fortunately a minute early. She sat next to Aladdin, who had a red beanie loosely fitted on to his head. He was wearing A purple t-shirt with white pants, and light brown lace-up boots. There were people of all ages in the class, due to varying numbers within each age group. Some of the desks were filled with people she recognized from breakfast, and after roll-call, she had learned all her classmates’ names, with the exception of a few students who were not present. The African-American girl's name was Tiana, and her blonde girlfriend, Cinderella, was staring at her longingly across the room. She was sitting in between Alice and Wendy, whom were passing notes through her whilst the teacher wasn't looking.

First period Science began, and 5 minutes into the lesson, a girl with a messy, long, straight red hair came rushing in and sat down in the empty seat next to Ariel. She had an excuse note with her, so she wasn't punished. The girl wore interesting clothes, like the kind most girls only wear in photos. For starters, she had a flower crown of pink roses and white daisies on her head, which suited her doll-like face tremendously well. To match, she wore an adorable long pink sweater white a huge white heart in the middle, and underneath, a pair of grey leggings, and some rainbow high-top sneakers. 

After class was over, Ariel felt compelled to introduce herself to the interesting girl. Ariel went out into the hallway after the bell rang, and saw her talking to a slim brunette girl with her hair tied up into a messy bun that left parts of her hair hanging out, wearing a long, casual yellow dress, and a jean jacket over it.

"Hey, I'm Ariel. Um...I love your outfit, by the way." Both girls looked over in Ariel's direction, and the red-headed one gave her a warm smile and introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Giselle, and this is my friend Jane,"

        "Ahem," Jane muttered something to Giselle, causing her to form an annoyed facial expression.

"I'm sorry this is my girlfriend, Jane." Jane's face was very different from Giselle's. Jane looked much older, like she was in her twenties, while her girlfriend had one of those ageless faces where you couldn't really tell what age she was. It looked like she could be anywhere from 12 to 24 years old. They eventually paused long enough for Giselle to ask:

"So, are you taking anyone to the Homecoming Dance?" Ariel hadn't heard anything about a dance. Then again, this was only her second day at F.I.F.H.

"Well...maybe, but I' guessing I can't take a girl."

"Technically, no, you can't take a girl, but that doesn't mean you can't  go with a girl."

"What do you mean?"

        "Most people bring decoy dates," Meg explained. "They find someone to enter the event with, and get couple tickets with and whatnot, but they usually don't spend much time with them at the actual event." Ariel knew exactly who she wanted to go with, but the thought of even asking Belle nearly sent her into hot-jock-merely-glances-at-nerdy-girl-and-nerdy-girl-totally-freaks-out-because-she's-way-beyond-awkward mode.

        Ariel talked to Giselle and Jane for a few minutes, and continued to discuss the topic of the Homecoming Dance, which Ariel was surprised the staff had even allowed to be arranged, because of the whole "dancing leads to sex" thing. After classes, she made her way to the library  which was a few hallways over, to have a slightly unimportant meeting with Aurora, but when she reached the hallway that the library was in, she saw something that nearly made her drop her books. There was a message on the wall in black spray paint that simply said:

Love is not a choice. Fuck this school.