Chapter 3: Don't Be Our Guest

        "What do you mean Meg dumped you? I thought you too were doing it last night,?" an Asian girl with silky, medium length black hair seemingly butted into the conversation. 

"Okay, seriously, were we really that loud,?" Meg asked, tears still running down her face.

"Yes," everyone said in almost perfect sync. The black-haired girl sat down next to Meg and tried to comfort her. She noticed Ariel and shook her hand.

"I'm Mulan, by the way, Jas's friend." She turned her attention back to Jasmine "Why didn't you sit by me?"

"You never come to breakfast..."

"I do now," Mulan continued to comfort Jasmine.

"Oh, um hey," Ariel half-replied, pre-occupied with looking at all the people in the lunch room. She noticed a few couples. First, sitting at a table on the far left of the room were a group of men who she had met the night before. (The school always held a meet & greet on the first night of the school year, encouraging people to get friendly with people of the opposite sex, for reasons that need not to be explained.)

The group consisted of four guys. One was a fairly well-built guy, Hercules, who had curly light red hair, which was longer than some of the girls'. Holding his hand under the table was an Arabian boy with well-groomed black hair, Aladdin. Across from them was a couple whom she recognized as Jim and Eric. Eric had hair similar to Aladdin's, but messier. He was simply wearing a white t shirt with a red stripe across it, and a pair of blue jeans. Jim had straight brown hair that was just long enough to put in a ponytail, and he was wearing a black polo under a brown jacket, and a pair of denim shorts.

At another table was a girl with blonde hair and  a head band placed around the top of her head, she was wearing a simple pink baby doll dress, and was sitting on the lap of a black-haired girl with skin so pale it looked like she hadn't been outside in months. Next to them were a couple of girls staring romantically into each others eyes. One was African American with her hair tied into a bun; she had a green fitted-tee on, and a pair of light brown pants. The other was blonde and had Barbie doll-like bangs hanging out from her ponytail, which was tied up with a blue ribbon. She wore a blue button up shirt to match, tucked into a pair of white shorts.

At the table to the right of theirs sat two very young girls, holding hands. One had long, wavy blond hair, parted in the middle. She was wearing a simple button-up light blue dress, with black Mary-Janes, and a black bow at the end of a twisted strand of hair to the side of her head. The other had shoulder-length curly strawberry-blonde hair, with a bobby pin holding her bangs back. She had on a sparkly blue tee, over a white skirt, and was wearing dark-blue flats. Ariel smiled, for it was the second cutest thing she had ever seen in her life, right below a video of two toddlers arguing violently. Mulan noticed and decided to satisfy Ariel's curiosity. 

"That's Alice and Wendy, the youngest girls to ever be sent here. They're both only 13." Ariel turned her attention back to the table.

"Wow. Is this their first year,?" Ariel asked with wide eyes.

"No, they were here last year."

"How in hell do two 12-year-old girls get sent to a corrective institute?"

"I don't know; their relationship is pretty harmless. It mostly consists of holding hands and an occasional kiss on the cheek."

"It's super adorable," Belle noted, smiling towards them. Jasmine had finally stopped crying, but the thought of two people being happy started her tears back up again. Mulan offered her a hand and helped her out of her seat.

"Come on, Jas. I'll walk you to your 1st period." They both picked up their trays and stacked them on  a counter in front of the large window-ish opening to an area in which middle-aged women were washing dishes. The other rest of the girls did the same and left the lunch room.

"Um...I'm sure everything will be fine in the end, Jasmine," Aurora awkwardly assured her ex-girlfriend's ex.

        After Lunch, Ariel went back to grab her books, and, on her way to 1st period, as Ariel started to turn around a corner in the hallway, but quickly jumped back where she was when she saw her roommate Aurora practically eating another girls face off. After a brief glance, she had recognized the other girl as Megara. She peeked again to confirm the situation, and, just as she thought. Aurora and Meg were making out.