Believe in Me- Chapter 20: The Start of His Game

Flora awoke from her very deep sleep. She had been knocked out, judging by amount of pain in her head, and had no idea where she was. The only thing she did know it that she was sat on a chair with her hands and legs firmly tied together. It also seemed that she was being held hostage in some sort of warehouse.
"Hello? Flora cried out weakly.
"Hello, Miss Grey. I see you've finally awoken," came the voice of a woman who was behind her. "What a pleasure it is to meet you."
The woman finally came into view. She wore white zipped dress with black heels, her wavy brown hair tied in a neat bun and her hazel eyes staring into Flora's own.
"Who are you?" Flora asked.
"Hasn't dearest Sherlock mentioned my name?" She looked upset, but Flora knew she was putting it on. "My name is Irene Adler and I'll be watching you for a while."
"Watching me? Why?" Flora felt scared as much as she felt confused.
"I can't say," Irene replied. "Boss's orders. I'm just glad I'm getting something out of it."
'And what might that be?"
"Nosy little thing, aren't you?" She chuckled. "I get protection. It's worth baby sitting Sherlock's girlfriend for that."
"I'm not his girlfriend," Flora growled angrily.
"But we both know that's not quite true," an Irish accented voice echoed around the room. A small, but dark looking, man came out from the shadows with a sadistic grin spread across his face. Irene seemed instantly petrified and looked down at her feet as she stepped away from Flora. There was a another woman who closely followed behind the Irish man. Her hair was like Irene's, only it was let down and her sapphire eyes glinted with mischief in the light. Her long, black coat swept across the back of her legs as she made her way to Flora.
"Who are you?" Flora asked, her heart racing at the sight of two very dangerous people.
"You don't need to know that," the woman said.
"I'm sure I do," Flora answered back.
"Nosy and cheeky," the man laughed. "I can see why darling Sherlock finds you so special."
"I'm sure he doesn't," Flora shook her head.
"Don't be so modest," the man said slipping his hands into his pockets. "Because I want you to fear us, just like everybody else, so I shall tell you our names. Jim and Kate Moriarty. Hi." He smiled.
Flora was sure she had heard the name 'Moriarty' before. Sherlock had probably mentioned it, but she couldn't think straight with all the pain in her head.
Irene was still stood, head down facing the floor.
"Off you pop now, dear," Jim flicked her head indicating that should leave. Irene gave a nod and walked off into the darkness.
"Now that's it's just us three, would you like us to explain why your here?" Jim asked in a polite tone. Even though seemed far from polite as a person.
"Of course," Flora mumbled.
"Obviously we want to see Sherlock and John run round like headless chickens," the woman name Kate said. "Because it's amusing, but we have bigger plans for you."
"Like what?" Flora looked from Kate to Jim.
"To burn you," he said darkly. "Then Sherlock, then everybody else."
"That explains nothing," Flora shrugged.
"Not yet it doesn't," replied Kate. "But it will in the near future. We just wanted to give you a taste of what's to come."
"And what will that be?"
"Now that would telling," Jim whispered then checking his watch. "Dear Sherlock will be here soon. He's certainly taken his time."
"Where am I though?" Asked Flora. She was trying to keep her questions short and snappy.
"Shanghai in China," Kate replied. "I heard you've always wanted to visit."
"Yes, but not while being kidnapped for no reason."
"There is a reason," Jim said smoothly. "And it's to do with Sherlock because I love to watch him burn."
"Why don't you just talk to him in London instead of bringing us all the why out to China?" Flora questioned narrowing her eyes slightly at the Moriarty's.
"That's how a boring criminal would do things," Kate sighed. "We're not boring. In fact, you could say we are top of our game."
"Why are you so interested in me?" Flora asked. She was now on the verge of tears. "I'm just ordinary."
"Oh no. You're not. You're more than that," Jim leaned over Flora, smiling. "You are the key to getting to Sherlock; the key to breaking him."
"So all this is just to get at Sherlock?"
"Not every part," Jim shook his head. "The rest is a secret to be told later."
"I had a funny feeling that you two would be suspects," came a deep and velvety voice from the shadows.
Sherlock.
Flora turned her to see if she could see him or John, but it was too dark.
Jim laughed devilishly. "Come out and play, Sherlock. The game has only just begun!"
Sherlock stepped out, hands in his pockets and followed by John who had a hand gun aimed at Jim.
"Good afternoon Kate. It's wonderful to see you again," Sherlock said sarcastically. Kate didn't reply, she just stood still.
"Give it up Moriarty, you know you can't win.," Sherlock finished.
"Like I said," he stepped away from Flora. "The game has only begun, there isn't a clear winner yet. But we all know who will win."
"I don't care about your stupid game, Jim," Sherlock said through gritted teeth. "Hand Flora over and we'll let you go."
"Tempting offer," Jim looked as if to be thinking about it. "But..." He clicked his fingers and lasers set themselves upon John, who had lost his brave face that he walked in with, and Flora, who closed her eyes tight.
"One more click of a finger and they fire," Jim said indicating to the lasers aimed by snipers. "Your choice, Sherlock. You play the game or they die. Simple."
Sherlock paused to take in his surroundings. Jim wore creepy smile and Kate was still silent, but observing the scene. John still has his gun pointed at Jim and lasers aimed in a pattern on his forehead. Flora seemed distressed and the ropes around her wrists and ankles that weren't helping in the situation. Instead of on her head, she had laser beams rested upon her heart.
"What do you say then?" Asked Jim. "Are you playing or not?"
"What choice do I have?"
"You don't," Kate chipped in.
The whole room was in silence as Sherlock made his decision. He observed everyone's body language. John's arm holding the gun was shaking as he tried to stay focused on the target, while Jim and Kate showed no expression. Flora had her head down and was holding her breath slightly as if she was going to be shot any moment. Sherlock had only just noticed Irene Adler was there, lurking in the dark. Her head and gaze lowered to seem as if she wasn't there and not stirring. Sherlock looked at her for a while, then turned to Jim.
"I'll play your game, Moriarty," he said. "Only if you let Flora go and tell the snipers to ceasefire."
"You heard him," Jim called and the lasers instantly faded away. John took a sigh of relief, but didn't let his guard down. Flora relaxed too, breathing heavily as the result of her holding her breath.
"I'd watch out if I were you," Kate warned narrowing her eyes to make her face look darker. "We are very much capable of doing worse things and not just to your friends."
"We'd best be off now. Zài jiàn, Sherlock Holmes," Jim said before waving Kate and Irene over and they disappeared into the shadows.
Sherlock waited until he was sure everybody had gone before going over to Flora and breaking her free from the bonds of the ropes. John put his gun into his pocket and ran after Sherlock.
"Are you okay?" He asked her.
"I think so," Flora replied rubbing her wrists which were all red. She was shaking, but who wouldn't after an experience with two Moriartys?
"Good," Sherlock coughed.
John assessed Flora's wrists. "Just a bit of rope burn," he said. "It'll be fine soon."
"Thank you John," she smiled weakly. "Thanks to both of you. I think you came just in time. Jim looked like he was going to hurt somebody."
"No doubt he was planning to," said Sherlock. "Somebody usually gets hurt in the end."
"So, erm..." John looked around the room. "What now?"

*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A longer chapter to make up for the previous two! I hope you enjoyed this one, I had fun writing it! :D