Chapter XI

Author's note:
This lazy author would like to apologize for the delay!😖

*Dominic's P. O. V*
I ordered my beta, Jack to go and secure yet again another piece of land. To expand our territory because of my pack's growing population and of course my thirst for power. I decided to come along with them because my wolf, Ezekiel kept on bugging me about our mate being near. "I can feel her..I can feel her, our mate is near!!"  I don't really care about finding my mate. I. Only. Care. About. Power. But, if I were to have a powerful mate then I don't mind. As long as she doesn't get in my way.

Because of my wolf's endless bugging I decided to come along with my beta and pack warriors to the unkown land, much to their surprise and fear. They all thought that the reason that I came is because I find them incompetent and they are all afraid of punishment.

Well, let's just say that I don't tolerate any mistakes, one mistake and your done. But, it's not like you don't have a choice, either die or be a rogue. As the alpha I need to assert my authority as well as let my pack members know that one simple blunder can end up into a disaster that can put the whole pack at risk. Which we all learned in a hard way.

I decided to stay in my wolf form because it will help me react to attacks so much faster with heightened senses and all. Especially in an unmarked land, I can't afford to let my guard down.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a sharp intake of breath. I hurriedly searched for the source of the sound and my eyes landed on the waterfall, I used my sharp senses to detect any signs of movement and was surprised to discover that there was actually a cave behind the waterfall.

I let out a warning growl as I confirmed that there was indeed someone behind the waterfall.

"Alpha, please forgive this subordinate of yours for being so incompetent, I should be the one in charge of scouting the area, but I even bothered the alpha, please punish this incompetent beta." My beta Jack said as he proceeded to kneel.

I decided to use the mindlink to inform him. "There is someone hiding behind that waterfall, inside a cave."

"The one hiding inside the cave hidden by the waterfall, come on out!" My beta shouted as he stalked closer to the waterfall.

--------------------
Author's note:

The reason why I couldn't update this book earlier is because of a major writer's block, I actually wrote this story 3 years ago so I had a really hard time in continuing it, but for you guys I will try my hardest to update! 🐣🐣🐣