| • Chapter eleven: Nearly Dead • |

| • Hari POV • |

After some time of explanation, we got back to his house. It took a while, we were pretty far and the signal was poor, so the GPS was acting up. Haejin didn't even know what a multi personality dissorder was. Which I wouldn't judge him because this doesn't happen to just anyone. You have to have a deep trauma to be able to developed this dissorder. He always seemed to be zooming out while driving. He still couldn't believe it.

"Cook me some breakfast. I want to be alone for a while." He said. And with that he walked out. But I started to follow him, finding this very unfair. How dare he kidnap me and turn me into his maid? Who does he think he is? I'm a doctor not a maid! And where is my pay!?

"Ya! Why do I have to cook?! I'm not your maid!" I hollered at him, me being behind him as he walked towards his room.

He turned around towards me. His face showed anger. "You have no choice. Go do it now." He told me with a strick and stern voice which sent creeps up my spine. I huffed and headed towards the kitchen.

Pfft, no choice? I could run away out the door if I wanted to! But for some reason... I don't want to do that. Especially after I found out that haejin lives inside that body.

I started cooking some eggs and toast. It's a typical American breakfast. It's really delicious, too. I sat it on the table. And I started eating. After a while, I called for him to come. "Ya! Breakfast is ready!"

_______________________________

"Let's go." Haejin grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside of the house. He pushed me inside the back seat of his car. He was very aggressive. I hate him.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I put my seat belt. "Plus, why can't I sit on the passenger's seat? Why do I have to be on the back?" He started to accelerate the car, making sharp turns and wild curves. This was slightly dangerous.

"Shut up." He murmured under his breath. I could feel his hatred. But it doesn't matter. I just remained quite for the rest of the road trip, starring out the window. I looked at other people's car and thought about how free they were.

"Get out." He ordered as the car stopped. I looked at my surroundings. We were in the middle of a forest. It reminded me of last night, at the treehouse. But this time, I was with the other side of haejin. It's really confusing calling them by the same name.

"What's your name?" I asked him as I got out the car.

"My paper name is haejin. But my friends call me Zombie." He told me. Hm. That's ... Ok... He, then, grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside the forest, dragging me. I couldn't keep up with his pace so I ended up stumbling with the roots and bushes that stood inside the forest.

"Where are we going." I asked, I was starting to get terrified. Where would he take me to? What is he planning to do?

"Your punishment." He sternly said.

"Punishment?" I acted like I didn't know anything, which I didn't.

"Do you remember? You have been talking back to me and denying my orders. So this is what happens when you do. I know I took you to my house because I need a psychiatrist, but either way, I kidnapped you. So you belong to me now." My heart started beating fast, beating in fear. What is he going to do to me? I looked at his hand, he had a rope.

Suddenly, he slammed me Into a tree, my back facing the tree. And before I could run away, he started tying me into the tree with the rope that he held. "Wh-what are you doing?" My body started shaking in both fear and cold. But I still had hope in him. He wouldn't do anything to harm me, right?

But before my hopes could increase, he started walking away. "YA! COME BACK!" I cried out. All my hopes sank. He had left me alone I. The middle of the Forrest, tied into a tree. Anything could happen to me. I could get bitten, eaten, or even... I don't know... I ran out of ideas.

It was starting to get cold. I only had a sweater. And it was freezing. The tree helped a bit, but the tree didn't have much warmth. I tried singing.

"See ya
Never gone my way"

I started sobbing while singing slowly to myself.

"Better will someday
Never far away
See ya
Never gone my way
Better on my stay
Never far away
Round and round and I never know why
Round and round and it will show us way out
It's my delight"

I couldn't finish the song. I just started crying and sobbing. I felt like a little girl. A little girl who needed her mother in her arms.

____________________________

Night had fallen. I was out here the whole day. I thought he was going to pick me up sometime at noon, but he never came. This is really cruel. This is animal abuse. I feel like I have a fever. My body is numb, almost frozen. My blood isn't circulating right. And I'm really hungry. I should've made more breakfast.

I closed my eyes, falling asleep. but then, for the first time today, I heard my name being called. "Hari-ya!" And I knew who it was.

"Haejin!" I tried to shout, but it came out as a soft whisper. I had no energy, no strength. I was weak.

"Hari-ya!" Then I saw him. He was far away, but I'm sure he saw me too because he was running to me. When he reached me, he started untying me. "Who did this to you?" He asked, worried. When he untied me, I fell in his arms, weakly. I couldn't make myself stand.

Haejin carried me bridstyle. He walked deeper inside the woods. But then I fell asleep in his arms, I had no strength to be awake.

| • Haejin POV • |

I placed her down in a small twin bed which was on my tree house. My treehouse had three small rooms. It had a living room, a bedroom, and a small kitchen. I built it all myself. But it took some time, of course.

I looked at her sleeping body. She looked so pale. Her lips looked so dry. But most importantly, she was literally freezing. Like I could see bits of ice on her body. She was frost.

I went to a closet and pulled out two more blankets and covered her with them. I need to wake her up, she needs to drink and eat something, or else she will die.

Zombie, I will make you pay for this! I thought to myself. Just he wait though, because I found Hari. I just need to tell Hari to put zombie asleep... Forever. And I will live.

"Hari-ya!" I whispered softly while shaking her a bit. She managed to open her eyes. I ran quickly to the kitchen and gout out some canned soup. I prepared it for her. I went to the bedroom and fed her. "Say ah!" I tried my best to look cheerful. Though I was angry. I was angry at zombie.

_______________________
Words: 1252 words
Author: Sarai Cruz