Chapter 4:

S A T U R D A Y______

S A T U R D A Y
______

The day has come. 5 long and exhausting days leading up to this.

The glorious weekend

Surprisingly I have a quiet weekend. Which most likely means that my weekend will consist of me trying to do homework while also catching up with the new episode of any Netflix shows.

I woke up and made my bed before I put on my performance tank and tights and head out the door for my morning run.
I usually run 3 times per week to clear my head.
I'm a morning person, honestly, I thought the idea of sleeping in was a waste of time. I preferred getting a head start to the day.

Funny that I mention that since Monday's are a nightmare for me to wake up. Most of the day I was either calculating matrices or watching Jane the virgin.

*ding* ding*

'Surprisingly' I received my usual Saturday evening text message from my best friend India. Most likely asking if I wanted to go to a college party. Sweaty frat boys plus alcohol, name a better duo.

I've known India since grade 2 and let's just say she's always been the same charming, funny and wild girl, She was basically the recantation of Serena van der Woodson. She had long straight black hair which complimented her dark skin and red fiery lips. She was the mere image of perfection she was beautiful, smart, funny and always so approachable but of course, she was going through things too.

Again, I let her down with the 100th "no thank you, I'm busy" she was my best friend but I've been out of the party scene for quite some while, I was a party animal after everything happened but...

"Come on for once! Hey remember all the times I covered for you"

Ugh, she was right, when I had my party phase she or Val would always be the one to cover for me or look after me whilst I was drunk. Let's just say that that I am a lot less open whilst sober. "Fine just this one time and only because I love you!" I responded knowing well that she would probably use it against me again.

"Yesss, I just want to thank my family, friends and dog for helping me never give up 😭 oh btw Val and I are picking you up in a 1 hour"

"You're such an idiot" I retorted. Great 1 hour? 60 minutes for my hair, makeup and outfit! Great, I decided to curl my hair and do my usual makeup and put on a yellow top and pleather skirt

 Great 1 hour? 60 minutes for my hair, makeup and outfit! Great, I decided to curl my hair and do my usual makeup and put on a yellow top and pleather skirt