chapter 24.

~Friday Afternoon~

~Naomi's POV~

"Would you go on a date with me?" Lucas played with my fingers and looked down as I rested my head on his chest. His question brings heat to my cheeks and I smile.

"No." Although he cant see me, I smirk awaiting his reaction. He seems to not notice my playful rejection and continues talking about our "date."

"We could go out to dinner, I mean you'd have to decide where because I still have no idea what's good. Or I could take you to a fancy restaurant! Or maybe we could watch a movie or something. Wait— did you say no?" The light-brown haired boy looked at me, shocked. I stared back trying to keep a straight face but my own mouth betrayed me as it broke into a wide smile. I could see him visually relax, as his shoulders were previously tense.

"I was just kidding! Of course I'll go on a date with my boyfriend." I sit up slightly and angle myself to a position where I could kiss him. Before my lips met his, he grabbed my cheeks and pushed them together.

"That was mean." I watched as his plump lips formed a pout and his eyes twinkled in mischief. He refused to let me kiss him in each of my attempts causing me to be the one pouting.

"When's our date?" I stand and stretch my arms, yawning in the process. It was only 2:34 pm but I was definitely in the mood for a nap.

"In four and a half hours! I'll be back to pick you up at 7." He smiles cheekily and runs out the door, after planting a kiss on my forehead. My eyes widen as I process what he just said.

Lucas💙:
Dress fancy, we're going to a classy restaurant!

To Lucas💙:
jeez thanks for the warning :)

I raced upstairs, completely forgetting about my want for a nap and began to get ready.

~many hours later~

Liked by zzhong.le, at.10.tion, and 94 others
naii.mila: he said it's date night ❤️
at.10.tion: don't stay out too late! you look beautiful though :)
ali.catt531: WHAT A FUCKING SEXY ASS BITCH
jyanii: are u talking about jaehyun
jae.hyun: @jyanii obvi
yuk_as: @jyanii @jae.hyun pretty positive she means me🙃 her boyfriend 🙃
yuk_as: you look stunning baby ❤️

I giggled at the slight jealousy that was laced in Lucas's comment. Soon there was a knock on the door and I checked my self one last time in the mirror before opening it. My breath hitched in my throat as I took in the boy—man that stood before me. He wore a navy blue blazer with matching dress pants and light brown shoes. (Picture thingy above)

Blood rushed to my cheeks as I realized how long we had been staring at each other without speaking.

"I mean the picture had me drooling but the real deal is just— wow." Lucas said while taking my hand in his and kissing it. I was thankful that my makeup mainly covered the intense blushing that he caused but it didn't help the heat I felt.

We made it to the restaurant which on the outside, looked like a fancy brownstone but on the inside was nothing less than prestigious. The name "Union League Café" shone in beautiful calligraphy over the red velvet stair case that lead to the dining room.

"Reservation for Wong." Lucas tells the black suites host and he brings us to a secluded table set up with candles and red rose petals. Lucas pulls out my chair and I sit, then he crosses over to sit on his side of the table.

"May I offer you our finest champagne?" The waiter speaks in a French accent, confirming my theory about the origins of the restaurant.

"Yes please." My boyfriend said so smoothly and I wondered where the goofy guy I was dating went.

"So, what do you think?" He asks, his voice no longer confident and smooth but now shaky and nervous.

"It's beautiful, Lucas. Thank you, really." His eyes had a slight sparkle in them and I placed my hand over his. The waiter came back with the champagne, not even bothering to I.D us. I had ordered the "ENTRECÔTE AU POIVRE" which I hoped was steak. Lucas chose the "CÔTE DE VEAU AUX MORILLES", I didn't have a clue to what that was and I'm pretty sure he didn't either.

As we ate, we engaged in short conversations that ended up with either of us giggling stupidly. We finished the bottle of champagne along with half of another one, but since he had to drive, I drank way more than he did. I held on to his arm as he helped me stumble out of the restaurant, heels in my left hand.

"Lucas! Guess what!" My words were close to slurring and I held on tighter, refusing to be put in the car.

"I love youuu!" The voice in the back of my head was screaming at me, telling me to shut the fuck up but it was too late. The alcohol in my system broke down the filter I had and my own eyes widened.

"Y-you what?" Lucas sputtered out in shock and I laughed trying to avoid the rejection that was coming.

"I loved the fooood!" I continue laughing and climb into the car myself, trying to sober up.

As Lucas drove, his eyes never made it to me and it made me want to die even more. Why is Drunk Naomi also Stupid Naomi?

He walked me to the front door and I leaned onto it, puckering my lips for a goodnight kiss. Maybe he'll forget I said anything because I was tipsy?

"Did you mean it?" The boy who was once cheeky and sweet now stood before me as shy and anxious. I couldn't tell whether it was a good thing or a bad one.

"I loved the food?"

"No the 'I love you'."

"I do love you."

"I do love you too."

-

-

Okay my wonderful readers! so my birthday is this Sunday, Mother's Day, May 13 all that shit. We're currently at 940 reads and I'd love to get to 1k for my birthday! love you all and keep reading!