chapter 15.

I stand up straight and slowly turn around with my eyes closed. Taking a deep breath, I open them.

"Lucas?" My voice is shaky and it comes out as more of a whisper. He heard me because his eyes became directed at me rather than the class. Everyone looked at us funny and I still couldn't process that he was right in front of me.

"Naomi?" Lucas was just as confused as I was. He told me he was coming to California. Not moving. He told me he got a job, not a my school. I didn't notice myself walking towards him until we were directly in front of each other. The class, thankfully, continued their warmups in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, his voice soft and sweeter in real life rather than a camera.

"What am I doing here? I go to school here. What are you doing here?" I question back. My hand quivers as I bring it up to poke his chest. Real. Very real. Before I know it, he pulls me into a strong hold and I freeze. This isn't happening. It takes me a minute but I hold him back. I was actually in his arms.

Someone cleared their throat behind us and we pulled apart, me blushing.

"Right. Class. Can everyone sit in a circle for introductions?" We all complied with his request and Jeno pulled me away from Lucas.

"What the fuck was that?" Jeno whisper-yells at me and I flinch.

"That's Lucas. The Lucas." I explain shortly as everyone introduces themselves. After Jeno goes, it's me.

"Um, I'm N-Naomi." I didn't know whether or not to introduce myself since we already knew each other but too late. I did it anyways.

Now it was Lucas's turn.

"Okay, my name is Lucas Wong. I moved here from Vegas this week and Franki is my cousin. She told me that you all already have dances being choreographed with your own partners. I'd like to continue that process. Any questions before we separate?" The class remains silent, but I raise my hand, feeling quite stupid.

"My partner broke his ankle." I say quietly. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER NAOMI.

"Ah, I see. I will be your partner, if that's okay with you." He smiles and I shiver. I nod my head and we walk to the separate practice room.

"How are you here?" He closed the door and laughs at my question.

"I told you I was moving." Lucas speaks as if I should know the answer.

"Y-yeah, I know that. You just never told me Cali, you said you were visiting in a few weeks. Not that you were going to be my dance teacher! Let alone my dance partner!" I let out an exasperated sigh, how could he have known though?

"I didn't know I'd be at your school, nor your dance partner. Fate really works out doesn't it?" He's grinning widely and I blush. Fate?

"We can catch up later! Right now I need to teach you this dance." My confidence level goes up and I hook my phone to the speaker, he laughs and we start.

An hour and a half later and Lucas has gotten down about half the dance. But with every pull and push that it requires, I'm left a cherry-red mess in his arms. Why, of all songs, did Franki have to choose this one?

We were currently trying to master a part of the dance where I get spinner so my back is pressed against his chest and he lifts me. During the lift, my arms go up and as I come down they caress his face.  This was much easier with Jin because I wasn't attracted to him at all. Way to go Naomi, come up with a dance that's practically sex on stage. You go girl.

My inner thoughts were broken as I was pushed up into the air perfectly and brought back down gently. He was strong. Very strong. In the mirror, I could see his biceps and triceps flex as the movement continued.

"Like that?" Lucas asked and I was at a loss for words. For a moment, I stood there and admired his face. A face that I had longed to see in person since the moment I saw him on my explore page. We hadn't talked long but I already had feelings for him. How stupid. He probably stopped liking me already. I wasn't that great.

He brought his hand in front of my face, once again breaking my thoughts.

"Yeah you're perfect. I-I mean it's perfect. The move. That we did. P-perfect." I managed to get out a nervous smile once I finished embarrassing myself. He laughed and little crinkles accompanied his eyes as the sweet sound echoed.

"Do you want to go out after practice?" Lucas offers while grabbing the tips of my fingers and I smile at the gesture.

"That'd be very nice. But I'd need to change first, can we meet up at my job? I'll text you the address!" I'm already gone before he can answer. Once again Jeno pulls me to the side and begins to question me.

"Why is he here? Are you guys together? Answer me!" He pries and I just roll my eyes laughing, wrapping my head around Lucas being here. I have to tell Ten. Deciding to explain everything to Jeno after Lucas explains everything to me, I run home to shower and change. I texted him the name of the cafe and hopped in the shower.

"What the fuck do I wear?" I mutter to myself once I get out of the steaming bathroom. My body is red and stinging but it doesn't matter to me. I pick out ripped jean shorts and a loose white button up that hung off my shoulders, underneath I wore a burgundy bralette. This should be fine. I laced up my white converse and left my hair to air dry. Not wanting to overdo it, I did my makeup minimally and headed out to meet Lucas.

God, please let this go well.

-

-

Hello! I really hope you're enjoying this story! It gets hard to try to update this often but I like writing it. I do want to start another book but I want to see if I finish this one first. I hope to get to 300 reads soon! please vote/comment!