chapter 20.

~2:05 A.M~

I lay on my back in the warmth of Lucas's bed. My eyes wide open, I stared up at his ceiling thinking about the events that lead me to be here. Scrolling through my explore page, finding one of Lucas's dance videos. Talking to Lucas. FaceTiming Lucas. Meeting Lucas. Laying in Lucas's bed after fighting with Ten. All of this in the span of a month and a half.

I sat up in bed and walked out of the dark room and into the living room where Lucas slept. He looked so peaceful and beautiful, soft sounds of his breath filled the room. The kitchen was right next to the previous room and I walked into there next. Opening the cupboard, I grabbed a glass and filled it with water. An overwhelming feeling of sadness began to take part in my chest. Matching lines of salty tears ran down my cheeks, and I sighed. I didn't want to keep crying but I hated that Ten was mad at me. That he didn't believe me. He chose her over me.

"Naomi?" I jumped upon hearing my name when I thought I was the only one up. Placing the cup on the  counter after nearly dropping it, I turn to find a sleepy Lucas. His chestnut hair was sticking up in some spots and his white shirt clung to his arms as he rubbed his eyes.

"I-I didn't mean to wake you! I'm sorry, I'll go back. I'm sorry." I stumbled on my own words, quickly wiping my face and heading past him towards his room. Before I could make it any further, Lucas had pulled me back causing me to end up against his chest.

"Don't apologize." He whispered and kissed my nose. Thank god for the lack of light. If it hadn't been dark, he would have been able to see my "waterproof" mascara all smudged over my now red cheeks.

We stood there for a moment, me still in his embrace until he lead me back into the room. When he was about to leave, it was me this time who pulled him back.

"Stay?" My voice was just above a whisper, but Lucas still heard me. He responded with a nod and slid into the bed, wrapping his arms around me. As cliche as it sounded, I felt safe in his arms.

~11:24 A.M.~

My eyes opened slowly and I took a deep breath. The sun was blinding me from Lucas's window and it takes me a second to realize that I am in Lucas's room.

My phone buzzed in my bag and I pried myself away from the knocked out boy next to me, fishing out my phone.

Jisung:
Naomi, I had no idea, I'm so sorry. Wya?

Aliii:
Where are you? Ten just texted me asking if you were with me. Please text me back❤️

Jeno:
I still don't know what's going on but I hope you're okay🖤

Jaemin:
Ali's worried because you didn't come to school. text me when you can

Haechan:
nai, just tell us you're okay and that will be enough to ease Ali.

I clicked on the 'New Message' icon and entered all of their contacts.

Me:
I'm at Lucas's. Ten didn't believe me and don't apologize Jisung. None of this is your fault. I don't think I'm going home anytime soon. Love you guys.

I switched the chat into 'Hide Alerts' and went back to Lucas's hold. Sleepiness had escaped me so I decided to admire the handsome man that was keeping me sane. His plump lips were parted slightly as little puffs of air left them. Long lashes kissed his the top of his cheeks as the curled slightly upward. While I took in his features, his eyes fluttered open and stared into mine. They turned into crescents as their own smiled at me.

"Good morning, beautiful." Lucas's morning voice was sex. I hid my face in his chest, mumbling a small 'good morning' back.