Lipstick Stains

this is for a contest ( @WeeklyStoryContests ) and I hope y'all enjoy x

Lipstick Stains

She gives me the look. The one that tells me we're going to kiss in less than two seconds.

She gives me one of her smirks and tugs at the collar of my flannel to pull me down to her height. I smile at the sight of her – her hair poofy from bedhead, skin shiny with grease, eyes bright and full of sleep and rebellion and lust.

And then we're kissing.

And I can't wake up from this dream, because it's real and there's nothing to snap out of. I try to think of how this could be, but nothing can come to mind besides what the hell is happening to my lips. They're moving, but not synchronized with hers like they say in the novellas on the back of Mom's toilet. They're, to put it in loose terms, limp. Useless. Totally unprofessional kissing is happening and I don't know what to do about it.

But yet we're here – her hand in mine, my heart racing, her favorite band playing on her record player in the background, and her smile stuck in my mind. I've never been one to put up a fight with my heart, much less hers, and why would I when it's screaming, Yes!

This wasn't supposed to happen. None of it was. It wasn't planned for her to text me at 1AM, nor for me to sneak in through her bedroom window to only lay in bed with her and talk until dawn has broken. She wanted to dance, so fuck it, we started dancing. But not that hip-hop, dirty dancing. No, the slow dancing that you see in movies - the ones where the crowd parts at prom for you and your lover to have your moment in the middle of the dancefloor.

But in this moment, with her lips on mine and her small hands fondling my flannel in an attempt to pull me closer, I can't seem to find the umph to care. I have surrendered to the fight between virtue and passion - what's morally right, and what my heart wants. And maybe that makes me weak... but she makes me want more for myself - more for us - and I can't help but succumb to that blur of passion; rebellion; lust; and maybe one day love.