CHAPTER 6: Close Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

24

23

'ding'

"Tia."

"Chen." I said, smiling "Good morning."

"Good morning." He said, as he stood next to me, "Thank goodness, I thought I was going to be late for the meeting." He continued, with a chuckle. "Yesterday, I had a meeting in Melbourne at 8 o'clock on father's behalf and I thought I was going to be back in the afternoon but instead, I came back at midnight. It doesn't matter but I forgot to set the alarm and-"

22

21

I place my hand on his back, "Chen, don't worry, I understand." I said. "Instead of having the meeting in the office, I think it would be great to have our meeting at one of the Hotel's restaurant because I haven't had breakfast."

20

19

"Yes please." He said, thankfully.

18

17

In the past, whenever I saw Chen, he was always perfect. His clothes, perfect. His hair, neat. His face, always had a smile. Now, it was different. Chen was wearing a formal white, long-sleeve shirt with creases here and there. A loose red tie, a pair of black skinny jeans and black shoes. His platinum blonde hair was a mess, but it didn't look bad. Honestly, I thought it was sexy. And, despite the happiness on his face, his grey eyes were tired.

16

15

It was the first time I had seen Wu Chen look normal.

14

13

I stood in front of him, "Chen." I said, as I straighten his red tie. "I think we should cancel and reschedule the business meeting. If you like, we can eat breakfast and talk like two friends instead of business partners."

12

11

"Tia...." Chen said.

10

9

"You look very tired." I said.

Chen's eyes close, "Very." He said.

8

7

"Chen, happiness and health are more important." I said.

6

5

Chen took a hold of my hands in his, "Tia, when I first met you, I started having feelings for you." He said, "However, it was because you're beautiful, wealthy and popular. In the beginning, it was confusing because I never understood the reason they kept fighting over you."

4

3

"Now I understand."

"Chen." I said, quietly.

2

1

'ding'

"Tia."

The moment I hear his voice, I took a step back from Chen, before turning around.

'Logan.' I thought.