Chapter One

1980
Miami Beach Florida
Bella's POV

"Fanculo!" I screamed as I threw the caddy in reverse. I lifted my hand and pressed the button on my ear piece, slamming on the breaks and bringing the car to an abrupt stop.

I reached for the ash tray and got my cigarette. "Pisano is it done?" I asked the ear piece, taking a hit.

"Si Capo, si." He responded quickly.

"I'm coming in." I replied, putting the car in park.

I burnt out the cigarette and quickly put my long, curly black hair into a pony tail and grabbed my gun from the passenger seat. I was in a dress, not pants that I could tuck it into, so I kept the gun in my left hand. I took a quick glance in the rear view mirror.

I had a full face of makeup on. Signature cat eyeliner and red lips. I opened the car door and got out, my eyes scanning my surroundings expertly. I sighed with a smile. I was gonna kill some men in my party dress tonight.

15 minutes later

"Certo, Tommy, certo." I sneered down at the man.

"Boss, please!" He pleaded. "You see, the Jimenez Brothers are much stronger than my guys. More muscle. I couldn't protect the package." He cried.

"Couldn't protect the package? MY package? What I get for trusting a medigan, aye?" I laughed at Pisano and he joined in. "You can't protect my package? It's all good. I forgive." I smiled.

Tommy's face lit up. "Thank you, Ms. Mancini, thank you. I will never let you down again." He said, looking over at his men that were tied up in the corner. "You see, boys? I told you she was a woman of mercy. A true leader. Grazie, Boss." He said confidently. My eyes changed in a matter of seconds.

"The fuck you say to me?" I asked in a deadly tone. His face dropped.

"Boss, I- I don't understand-"

"You speak Italian to me?" I cut him off.

"I mean no disrespect Boss, I-" He began.

I ended his sentence with one bullet to the head, the gunshot making everyone in the room jump but me.

"Take care of his men." I said without looking at Pisano, my eyes still on Tommy's body.

"Send Fabbro and his guys to get my package. Kill the Jimenez brothers and wipe their men out, anyone who would retaliate their deaths. I have a mafia dinner party to get to." I finished jokingly, even though it was the truth.

"You got it, capo, have a good night. Hit the ear piece when you're ready." He said. I kissed his cheek before leaving.

30 minutes later

My dress was ruined. Fucking blood was splattered on it and my chest. I threw a red silk robe around my body after taking a shower and hurried to my room. I grabbed a strand of hair, inhaling the scent. Strawberries and cream. I poured a glass of red wine and lit up a cigarette as Dorothy walked into my room.

Dorothy had worked for my family in Italy for years. I brought her with me to the States. She came right over to me and moved my wet hair to the side, kissing my cheek. I smiled and kissed hers in return.

"Ciao, signora. I have everything ready for tonight. I help you get ready in time. The party 9:30, aye?"

I nodded, smiling. Dorothy began blow drying my hair and I did my own makeup as she dried it. I always did my own, I was good at it.