Chapter Two

Bella's POV

Tony and I drove in silence. He was puffing away on his cigar, looking out the window when suddenly he wiped his hands on his pants and sat up straight in the seat.

"So you blow Frank up back there, huh, Boss?" He asked me. I glanced in the review mirror making sure the black car was still behind us. Then I took my eyes off the dark highway to look over at Tony.

"You think I blow a man up without even being in the room? Huh? Fuck no. I look a man in his eyes when I kill him." I said in a deadly serious tone. He stared straight at me, a silly smile growing on his face.

"I like you." He replied. I took it as a half-hearted statement. He didn't know me.

My ear piece beeped meaning Pisano was trying to contact me. I reached up and pressed down on the button. "Yes, Ano?" I asked, and seen Tony glance over at me from the corner of my eye.

"We have the location." He said, giving it to me. "We also have a possible replacement for Simmons and Lopez." He said.

"I have a replacement already." I said, glancing over at Tony. "Oh okay, Capo. You close?" He asked.

"Tony, what does that sign coming up say?" I asked. "Says we two miles from Hialeah." He replied. "I'm five minutes away. See you soon." I said and pulled out a cigarette.

I lit it and looked over at Tony. "Steer for me, aye?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment before reaching over to take the wheel. I set my cigarette down and pulled my hair into a pony tail. I then took back the wheel, my fingers brushing his.

His hand stayed there for a moment before pulling away. I sighed and sped the car up, abruptly turning to the right as my men in the black car did the same. I turned on my brights and sped through the desert.

"You taking me to the desert to kill me, huh? Knew it was too good to be true." He said with that never-ending smirk of his. "Woman like you, that beautiful, got to be evil or something, you know?" He said.

I laughed quietly, shaking my head. "Yes, Antonio. I'm taking you to my cabin in the desert to kill you. Horror movie style." I said.

"Well fuck. I'm scared." He replied with a smile.

We approached Pisano's car among two others and I pulled in next to them, as did the black car. I cut the engine and burnt out my cigarette in the ash tray. Then I reached down and grabbed my gun.

"In the glove box there's another 40. Take it out and bring it with you." I said to Tony. He did what I asked and got the gun, then we got out of the car. It was pitch black where we were, the only source of light came from Pisano's headlights he had left on.

In the middle of the desert Frank Lopez was tied up on the ground along with all of his top men. Well, the ones who weren't killed in my little explosion. The purpose of it was to scare all the guests away out of the mansion. Nothing like a big boom to send mafia folks running like a bat out of hell. Then my men ceased Frank, killed all his men except a few of the big shots, and then took them here.

Pisano and my men were standing with their arms crossed surrounding the rats, waiting on me. I walked over to them and kissed Pisano on the cheek. He returned the favor.

"Ciao, Capo. We got all the information already. You were right of course." He told me.

I nodded. "Ano, this here is Tony Montana. He worked for Frank. But, little old Frank just had to go and set Tony up like he does to everything. Like he tried to do with me." I said, sneering down at him.

He let out a muffled cry behind the duct tape that was plastered onto his mouth. "Shut the fuck up." I said, kicking him. He then went silent.

"Tony was going to kill the motherfucker until I warned him of what was going to happen at the party. He is going to be our new replacement. Now, to earn our trust and to prove he is telling the truth-" I began, taking the gun out of Tony's hands.

"I am going to have him kill Lopez himself." I finished, looking down and turning the gun over in my hands. I then handed it back to Tony as he stared at me. A smile formed on his face.

"You going to let me kill the cockaroach?" He asked, surprised. I nodded. "Aye, that is my honor. Thank you, Boss." He smiled, nodding his head.

He then turned to face Frank and one by one, shot Frank and all of his men. Pisano nodded his head at me, and I reached my hand out towards Tony. He shook it with a smile and then shook Pisano's.

"Capo, I have some things to do involving Endrizzi. Do you need anything else?" He asked me. I smiled at him.

"No, Ano. Grazie mille, for everything. You be safe." I told him and we hugged and kissed one another's cheeks. I could feel Tony's eyes watching us.

"That your boyfriend back there?" Tony asked me suddenly. I was dropping him off at Frank's mansion so he could get his car and some other things, probably money Frank had hidden. He could have the pocket change for all I cared. Probably was just a couple mil.

"That- is none of your business." I said, glancing over at him. "But no, he is not. He is family. The most important person to me." I said as I watched the road.

He was silent for a moment. "Well, you got a boyfriend?" He asked next.

I sighed. "What makes you think that would be your business either, Montana?" I asked, annoyed.

"Hey, just wondering." He said, raising his hands in defense.

I sighed again. "No. I do not have a boyfriend. Now drop it." I said, and he did.

"You got beautiful hair." He continued. "And eyes. Look like a wolf or something." He said. I suppressed a smile. "Grazie." I replied.

"That thank you in Italian, huh?" I shook my head smiling. "Yes Tony, it is." I replied and he nodded in wonder.

"Learn something new everyday." He said as we turned into Frank's mansion.

I stopped the car and reached up to take my hair down from the pony tail, missing the feeling of it keeping my neck warm. My curls descended down wildly, and I shook my head to even them out.

I looked over towards Tony to see why he was still in the car only to catch him staring at me longingly. I found myself stuck looking back into those dark eyes. I wanted to reach out and trace his scar with my fingertips. I stopped the thought in it's tracks, looking away.

He kept his gaze on me, smiling. "Boss." He said quietly. I didn't want to look at him again in fear of the thoughts that might enter my head. It's been too long... too damn long. But I could look at him. I was Bella fucking Mancini and needed to remember who I was, how men never affected or phased me.

I turned my head in his direction and met his eyes. "Yes, Antonio?" I asked.

"I like your accent." He began. "Oh and another thing, I already tell you, but you know. Another time don't hurt nothing. You are beautiful." He said with a big smile. He was just so goofy, he made me want to laugh freely. But I didn't. I couldn't help but give just a little smile though.

"Thank you, Antonio.. I have to uh, there's things I need to go do. Pisano will contact you tomorrow. You two will get everything figured out, aye? Lot of things to put together and get in order. This is going to be big." I told him.

"We do big things together." He said, smiling at me. He reached over and ran a finger through one of my curls slowly, and I couldn't bring myself to stop him.

"You be safe, Lion." He said to me, and got out of the car and walked away as I stared at his retreating figure, stunned.