Chapter 5

Selena watched Zac as he gave a small lecture over the countries he had gone to, after all he was a pilot. He told the class important things there is to know about the countries. He once in a while looked at her and she tried not to look at him, she knew that Elena was going to tease her about this alot.

''Thank you so much Mr. Efron, everyone thank him for coming,'' the teacher said and the whole class clapped their hands.

''Thank you very much,'' Zac said and he left the room, looking at Selena one more time.

Moments later the bell rang and Selena hurried out of class, Elena caught her arm before she could escape. ''Not so fast missy.''

''Elena, please I don't need this right now.''

''Zac couldn't keep his eyes off you.''

''So, he looks at a lot of people.''

''Yes, mainly you.'' Elena smirked once again.

''Cut the crap for once Elena. I live with my alcoholic mom, my abusive brother. Good things don't happen to girls like me, and I certainly don't need it,'' she said and ran off, leaving Elena standing alone in the hallway.

She felt sad after what Selena had said to her. A boy touched her shoulder. ''Hey, you dropped this...'' she heard someone say, she suddenly turned around to see a very handsome guy who handed her the textbooks she had dropped.

''Oh, right... thank you,'' she said as she took it into her hands.

''I'm Stefan,'' he greeted.

''Hi Stefan, I'm Elena. ''

''Jake, just do me this favor once in my life and pick me up. I'm begging you,'' Selena said over the phone as she was begging Jake to pick her up from school when the day would be over. He had agreed after along time of arguing over the phone. ''Thank you...'' she said annoyed and hung up the phone.

Selena went to the library to study her homework. She would be there until 3 o'clock because she didn't want to study at home where she would constantly be interrupted by Jake and her mom being hungover. She went over to return some books and looked outside the window, there she saw Zac who was outside talking to someone. Selena suddenly looked at the clock and saw it was 3 o'clock. 

She hurried out of the library and went to the parking lot as she waited for Jake to pick her up from school. Zac was there talking to some people but he also looked at her. She had been waiting for about half an hour and still Jake wasn't there. She looked at her clock and even called his cellphone a couple of times but he wouldn't answer. She figured he had stood her up and decided not to pick her up.

''Great...'' she mumbled to herself and decided to walk home. Suddenly, she heard a voice behind her and she turned around to see Zac standing there.

''Hey,'' he greeted.

''Hi, Mr. Efron.'' 

''You can call me Zac.'' He laughed and she only nodded. ''Do you need a ride?''

She quickly shook her head. ''No, I'll just walk. My brother was supposed to pick me up but I guess he forgot or something.''

''It's okay, I'll give you a ride, now come on.''

She decided to give in and got into his car which she hardly found appropriate but it was just one ride and she decided to give it a chance.