"Why do you always have an ominous story to tell?" Alex sighed.

"I have an ominous life." She shrugged.

"Do you want to meet her?" She asked nervously.

"Alex she gave birth to you, she must be the most amazing women in the whole universe, why would I not want to meet her?"

"So you really do?"

"Yep, I really do."

"Cool." Alex took a deep breath of relief, she had spent a few days worrying about that, and even before they had split up she had been a little cautious to bring it up with her but to know that she did want to meet her mother really lifted a great big weight off her shoulders.

(Y/n) stood up from the bed, seeing the battle that had surged in the depths of her dark brown eyes. "You really thought I would say no?"

"Kinda."

"Alex, sweet insecure Alex, the only problem would be Kara would definitely tag along she gets free food after all."

"Please don't have food fights with my sister when you meet my Mom."

"Hey, If she decides to steal my food again then it is on, we may share DNA but I'm not letting Kara get away with that, talking about food Alex I am starving can we just get a bed and go eat, I swear I could eat this whole bed I'm so hungry."

"Hard to think there was a time you hardly ate anything at all." Alex rolled her eyes.

"Oh, by the way, you are coming with me tonight to my family dinner." She leaned across a stunned Alex and kissed her forehead running off to find the bed she had found earlier and that it looked cool. "Alex this is the one, this is our bed."

"I think she will be the death of me." She sighed before heading towards (Y/n) the warm bright smile on her face was hard not to be charmed by, her words still rolling around in her head. This is our bed.

                                                                                      xxx

"The last time I saw your Dad he was not very happy with me (Y/n) I really don't think this is the best time," Alex said she'd been trying to get her girlfriend to see sense ever since she told her the news, but (Y/n) was having none of it.

"Quit being a baby Alex, you have to meet him again some time and he knows about you anyway so just suck it up and take it, he is part of your test anyway."

"My test, (Y/n) what the hell test are you talking about?"

"You said you would prove to me how I was the one, if you can take all of his big Papa bear overprotectiveness and not run a million miles away, then you pass." (Y/n) smiled knocking on the door.

"You never mentioned this before," Alex whispered gravely.

"I know but I was worried you would run for the hills."

Alex took a deep breath, she would take whatever crap her father dealt her, she deserved most of it anyway, but there was no way she would let him win, she would beat him and win him over again.

The door opened slowly, revealing the small woman on the other side.

"Cat how lovely, for a second I thought you had a small child visiting, but no, I look again and it's you, it's just you are really small." (Y/n) smiled too brightly at her, she rolled her eyes and opened the door for them to enter.

"And you brought your girlfriend (Y/n) how wonderful I'm sure (F/n) will have some fun with you, Alex, come on we are at the table already you are late."