Pulsing

Jared's vision somehow felt blurrier than usual, and his head hurt like all hell. The roaring in his ears was immense and constant, he almost couldn't tell if it was real or not. He sagged against his desk, watching the teacher drone on about the format for their essay.

The bell rang and left a buzzing noise in Jared's mind as he stumbled into the hallway. He'd never had a fever like this before, just walking to his locker took all the strength he could muster. He threw open his locker door and began to fumble through his stuff, when Connor came up from behind and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.

"Hi baby." Connor kissed the back of Jared's neck, his lips felt ice cold against Jared's hot skin. Jared mumbled a response, rubbing his forehead as he snatched his chemistry book.

"Not feeling good." Jared slammed the door shut and turned around to bury his face in Connor's chest.

"Is it the same head ache you had yesterday?" Connor sighed, running a hand through the boy's hair.

"No, this one's bad." Jared groaned, he felt like he could hear everyone in the hall's individual voice shrieking inside his mind.

"That's exactly what you said yesterday, and the day before, and last week." Connor teased, pressing a kiss to Jared's head and grabbing the boy's hand, leading him to their next class. "You're fine, you're always fine." Connor teased.

Jared slumped into his seat between Connor and Evan, and banged his head on the table. Maybe that would sooth his writhing brain. Alana and Zoe sat in the desks in front of them, and turned around to see what the issue was.

"Hey, as much as we appreciate you giving yourself a black eye, could be a bit quieter?" Zoe chuckled.

"What's wrong with him?" Alana asked, sounding much more concerned than Zoe.

"He has a head ache." Connor told her, almost mocking Jared in a way. Jared kept his head down.

"Oh, like the one he had yesterday?" Alana asked, and Jared felt anger boil in his stomach. Couldn't anyone see he was in real pain?

"No, not like the one yesterday. This one is bad." Jared shut his eyes tight, the pulsing in his head was only getting worse by the minute.

"Jared's just a big drama queen, he'll be over it by lunch. After all, it's pizza day." Connor snorted, giving his boyfriend a small nudge.

With that, everyone turned their attention to the teacher, who was starting to hand out a worksheet. Jared finished it, though he wasn't sure if it was at all intelligible. His vision had blurred to the point that he couldn't read the board, even though he had his glasses on.

The bell rang and Jared did his best attempt to stand. However, the minute he let go of the chair, he dropped like a stone to the ground, clutching his head. There was a string of voices that he couldn't pick out and didn't even care to. He just needed the pain to go away.

Someone helped him up, supporting Jared's weight and Jared managed to mutter a small thank you. Jared pressed his face into the person holding him to find it was his boyfriend, that smell was definitely Connor's. He may not be able to see Connor's face or hear his voice, but Jared could recognize his boyfriend's smell of smoke and sweat anywhere.

    Jared relaxed, letting Connor carry him. He trusted Connor. Connor would make sure he was okay, he would.

    With that, Jared let himself slip away into the pounding in his head.