Chapter 19, Race for gold

Start from the beginning

When I spot BD walking up to Goldy my fists clench. BD, also known as Big Daddy, because he couldn't pick a worse street name, is always hanging around Park street. Picking up my girls. I really feel for them because that guy is disgusting.

And according to Candy, really fucked up in bed.

I start speed-walking to Goldy without realising it.

"Whoa, this one's feisty, Boys!" I hear BD say.

My first thoyght is: You have no idea, but then his motorcycle buddies start surrounding Goldy and I'm not liking the looks they're handing her. Not one bit.

"How much are you willing to bet, Li'l Lady?"

"Five thousand,"

Good God, this girl's got more balls than most guys here.

"Money around here means nothing, Li'l Lady. How about a night with Big Daddy?" he asks her.

Goldy looks like she's going to puke and I feel like I'm going to bash BD's head in for that. He's not betting on money, because he knows he's used all of it on prostitutes and drugs. 

"This is not going to happen," Goldy says - looking pretty horrified.

"Well, if you're so sure about winning, what's the problem?" BD asks. He's coaxing her. Teasing her into accepting this ridiculous deal.

Don't do it, I mentally tell Goldy. As shitty as BD is, he's an excellent racer. Just picturing him taking Goldy for a night makes my blood boil.

When Goldy looks like she's going to actually agree, I step in and talk without knowing what I'm saying. "That sounds like a bargain I'm willing to be apart of," I spit out.

I hand Goldy a smirk to hide the rage underneath.

And then everything goes to shit.

"Don't count me out of the deal," Bowmen says.

I turn and sure enough the leather jacket wearing bastard is standing there with a sneer. If my mind isn't so preoccupied with images of BD having Goldy for the night, I would bash Bowmen's head in right now. The feeling of my knucles sinking into his face would make me one of the happies guys that ever lived.

Last night he hit me. He hit me on my territory. And now he wants Goldy for a night as well.

"Deal," we all say together and I immediatly head for Quick Silver. My shiny silver Veneno Lamborghini has been through some shit with me. (Also literally, but I'm not getting into that.) The amount of times we had to paint her over because of bullet holes is crazy. But I refuse to replace her.

Goldy seems stunned at the situation, but when Trixy says: "Start your engins", Goldy scrambles to get into her blue BMW. 

Sean slides into the car with me as well. "This is in sane," he says.

"I know,"

"If you lose, we'll be at a hude disadvantage!"

"But if we win, we'll be at a huge advanatge," I point out.

Sean shakes his head. "I would feel better about this if I was the one behind the wheel," he says. True, if Sean races, we'll win without a doubt, but the rules clearly state that the winner takes Goldy for a night. We gangs might be bad, but atleast we can be kept to our word.

We can't refuse the rules of a bet.

"Just be my co-driver," I say and then rev my engine. It's a loud, hungry sound like Quick Silver is dying to win. A small smile makes it's way to my lips when I picture Goldy saying: 'You need to feed it some pizza's.'