Chapter 1 : Azuvera

Nova stared at the mark on her wrist that claimed her future. Her thumb caressed the symbol on her wrist. The symbol had a waning crescent moon with an ancient writing next to it. The black colored symbol represents the future ruler of Azuvera. She was restless ever since it appeared on her wrist and announced her as the next ruler, Queen of Azuvera. And  the day they celebrated their Goddess Azura's day, she was going to become the new ruler of Azuvera.

Nova lived in an extraordinary world. Where people had powers and were allowed to use them without any restrictions. However, Nova considered herself as someone below ordinary. She was gifted with one of the weakest powers her people, an Azuvarian could ever receive. A shield.

Therefore she never had battle training as her power didn't demand it. She was always disappointed for not being born with a strong power, but it wasn't anything she could ever change. She wasn't born with the strength to process a strong power.  Although, strength is all she ever wanted just like any Azuverian, now that the Goddess Azura's sceptor has chosen her as the next ruler she just wanted to disappear forever.

Trying to shrug off all the negative thoughts Nova reluctantly got dressed to meet Queen Taia. The Queen of Azuvera, the most powerful person in her country at that moment and that wast just because she was queen.

"Are you going already?" Her mother's voice reached her before she left.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to meet Queen Taia today" she sighed.

"You look troubled, is everything okay?"

"I didn't do so well on my last report. I just don't feel very confident about the whole thing" she sat on one of the chairs behind the counter as her mother cooked.

"I've always told you sweetie, you're worrying too much. You will do just fine"

"I know mama" she kissed her cheek. "I don't want to be late now I should get going!" she hollered as she made her way out the door.

Nova walked from the narrow streets of her country to the station which was few minutes away.

She walked to a machine that was half her size and inserted a pink translucent plastic card to the machine and typed 'council house' the screen popped with a train number.

There were so many trains in her country. Azuvarians didn't have personal transportation methods unless you were blessed with a power to create portals. But it wasn't as if they needed it.

She took out her card and walked towards the numbered train. She noticed people staring at her, she instantly regretted taking the public transport, maybe she should've asked her friend who was portal creator. The people in her country had different types of powers not everyone could create portals. Therefore they had to depend on technology to some point.

The train started moving and entered a large circular portal which was a door, black in colour and with red outer lines as they spin around in circle together.

Her own heart and mind was at war and the stares of the people she got didn't put her at ease. They stared at her as if she was a criminal or a walking time bomb that could explode at any moment. In a way, she was a walking time bomb, but she believed she didn't deserve to be judged of something she didn't do.

She looked around her, she saw most of the people in their mid 40's and older had at least had one scar or a burn. She knew where they came from, it was from a battle that people feared to speak of, because of the pain it had caused them. That night didn't leave just physical scars, but on the inside as well. It was a frightful night that ruined so many, including her own as it was the night she lost her father she didn't even remember.