The Champions Legacy Part 4

Start from the beginning

"You Can't Have Reached Your Limit Already Kaiso." For Some Reason Cyrus Voice Has Changed From The Deep Intimidating One To A Softer One That I Recognize. I Look Up And I See The Face Of My Mother Standing Over Top Of Me. I'm Clutching My Stomach As I Throw Up On The Ground. Her Partner Pokémon Machoke Stands Behind Her Looking At Me.

"Once Again You're On The Ground Kaiso. This Training Isn't For Me It's For You." She Says Folding Her Arms.

"In A Pokémon Battle You're Not Just Battling The Pokémon In Front Of You. You're Battling The Trainer As Well. In Any Situation That Will Always Be The Case." She Picks Me Up Off The Ground And Sits Me Under A Tree.

"Your Ability To Command Pokémon Kaiso Is Extraordinary. You Were Way Better Than Me When I Was Your Age. But Your One Fatal Flaw Is You Only Fight One Half Of The Battle."

"One Half?" I Ask Her.

"As I Said Before You're Battling The Trainer Across From You As Well. Your Natural Talent Can Only Take You So Far. You Need To Be Able To Beat The Trainer In Front Of You As Well. Even If The Pokémon You Are Facing Is Stronger Than Yours. Even If You're Getting Overwhelmed. If You Can Beat The Trainer In Front Of You. You Can Win Any Battle You Find Yourself In. Against Any Opponent. I Believe In You Kaiso. That's Why I Push You So Hard." My Mother Says Wiping The Dust From My Face.

"So Get Up And Face Me." I Snap Out Of My Flashback And Back Into Reality.

"Kaiso. Why Won't You Get Up And Face Me? Have You Given Up Already?" Cyrus Asks.

I'm Overwhelmed With Strength From An Unknown Source And I Find Myself Picking Myself Up Off The Ground. I Wipe The Blood From My Mouth And Start Laughing.

"What's So Funny Now?" Cyrus Asks Looking Confused.

"I Just Realized Something Important Cyrus. Something I Forgot For A Really Long Time." My Mothers Words Ring Throughout My Head Once Again. "If You Can Beat The Trainer In Front Of You, You Can Win Any Battle. It Doesn't Matter How Powerful The Pokémon You're Facing Is."

"So Cyrus It's Looking Like Your Dialga Is Starting To Take A Bit Of Damage" I Say Taking Electabuzz Pokeball Out. I Toss The Pokeball Into The Air And My Electric Type Pokémon Lets Out A Battle Cry.

Cyrus Looks At Dialga And He Notices What I Was Talking About. Dialgas Legs Are Starting To Buckle. It Has Bruise Marks Over It's Body As Well. Minimal Bruises But It's Hurt Nonetheless.

"The Clock Is Running Out Cyrus. It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Dialga Gets Too Weak And Runs Back To It's Dimension And Then Your Plan Fails." I Say Grinning. Cyrus Grits His Teeth And His Normally Calm Demeanor Turns Into A Frustrated Irritable One.

"You Ignorant Child. I'll Kill You Before You Even Get The Chance To Send Dialga Back!!" Dialga Lets Out A Roar But Not As Powerful As Before. It's Starting To Get Tired. "I'll Kill You!!"

"Electabuzz Thunder Punch! Don't Hold Back!!" I Command. Electabuzz Runs At The Legendary Pokémon And Lands A Powerful Punch Right In It's Face That Causes It To Cry Out In Pain.