The Champions Mind

Cynthia Is Passed Out Drunk On My Bed, Her Snoring Is Filling The Entire Room. It's Taking Everything In My Power To Not Take A Pillow And Put It Over Her Face. I Turn On The Television And They Are Replaying My Pokemon Battle From Yesterday, The Headline Reads: "Greatest Champion Ever?" My Stomach Drops After Reading That. For Some Reason I Feel A Bit Overwhelmed, I Was Aware I Was The Champion Of The Region, A Title That I Had Internalized But Nothing That I Had Ever Seen In Person Attached To My Name. I Turn The Television Off And Push My Anxiety Down Back Where It Originated.

The Ground Starts Shaking And The Rhythmic Beeps Of My Partner Regigigas Reverberates Throughout The Room. I Open The Balcony Window And I See Him With His Hand Stretched Out, I Climb In His Hand And He Puts Me On His Shoulder. He Starts Beeping In His Language And To Others It's Just Nonsense, But To Me I Understand Him Better Than I Understand The People I Interact With Every Day.

*From What I Hear The People Love You, What Is Troubling You Master?*

"It's Nothing Regigigas, Just Thinking About The Responsibilities I Have Now. Yesterday Really Put Into Perspective The Role That I Play With This Title" I Lay Down On His Shoulder Looking Up At The Sky.

My Phone Starts Ringing And I See It's Professor Rowan. For A While I Look At It Ring, I Know That If I Answer It I'll Have To Leave The House.

*I Sense That It's Urgent Master, You Should Probably See What The Problem Is, It's Rare For The Professor To Call You Directly*

Regigigas Puts Me Back On My Balcony And I Walk Back Inside My Room, The Light From The Sun Starts To Shine Through The Room, Cynthia Is Still Knocked Out Snoring, I Take A Bowl Of Cold Water And I Throw It On Top Of Her And She Jolts Up Swinging Her Fists.

"You Fucking Asshole, Why'd You Do That?" Cynthia Asks Wiping The Water From Her Eyes.

"Look, No One Asked You To Fall Asleep On My Bed, Technically I Didn't Even Invite You In My House. I Could Charge You With Breaking And Entering. Consider That A Slap On The Wrist" I Say As I Get Dressed.

"Where Are You Going? You're Never Up This Early."

"The Professor Himself Called Me Directly, This Must Be Important Since He Doesn't Even Call You, His Favorite Directly" I Say As I Look Through My Empty Refrigerator.

"Ugh, I Am Not His Favorite. I've Just Known Him Longer. And If He Doesn't Like You That's Probably Because You Don't Do Your Job As The Champion, As Of Yesterday That Was Your First Time Actually Doing It" Cynthia Says Putting On Her Coat.

"Well I Guess That Old Pervert Can't Say Anything To Me Today. So Are You Ready To Go? Whatever He Wants It Must Be Important, I've Declined His Calls At Least Six Times"

Cynthia Starts Laughing And We Head To Professor Rowans Lab In Her Jeep. We Arrive At The Professors Lab And To My Surprise Every Champion Is Waiting Outside Of The Lab. Feeling My Anxiety Start To Swell Up I Take My Phone Out And Pretend To Be Busy As I Get Out Of The Jeep.

"Kaiso How Nice Of You To Finally Join Us, It Took You Long Enough" Lance Says.