Chapter 6

Everyone in Bellemere's household was up bright and early taking care of some overdue chores.

Nami had already washed and dried all the linen in the house and was busy setting a curtain on its pole when her sister walked in with a duster in one hand and a book in the next.

Paying her no mind, Nami came down off the stool and before moving on to the next room her sister decided to read out loud.

"I've just concluded my studies for the night and despite having prepared for bed, I cannot sleep a wink.

All I can think about is him... How does one idiot keep me up at night? The warmth in his eyes, his smile- I can't get off my mind. I-"

The journal was ripped out of Nojiko's hands before she could read another word. Nami's face was an unrecognizable shade of red.

Nojiko smirked. She wasn't quite done reading her sister's embarrassing entries but she had read enough. Enough to tease the heck out of her.

Nami's voice stammered.

"Where did you find it?"

"You know where."

She had carelessly left it out on her desk the night before but then again Nojiko had no right to be in her room.

"You shouldn't have done that. This is private."

"Sorry. Couldn't help myself."

A laugh escaped Nojiko's lips and to Nami it felt like her life was over.

"Who would have thought that my little sister could be this cute?"

"Shut up."

Nami turned away to return her journal to its rightful place and was even considering setting it afire. She had zero privacy in this house.

"There's no need to get angry, Nami."

"And there was no need to meddle with my things!"

Nojiko discarded the duster on the coffee table and sat on the couch, patting a spot next to her.

"Come let's talk."

"About what?"

"Luffy."

She knew that Nami couldn't resist talking about her favourite subject.

The chair dented and Nami wore a mask of boredom faking disinterest but her sister knew her all too well.

"Why do you call him an idiot?"

"Because he is."

"He's your idiot, right?"

Nami's mask crumbled and she brought her knees close to hide her blush.

"We got into a disagreement yesterday and we ended up not talking for the whole day but as I was about to leave for home, he was outside waiting for me."

"Was it serious?"

"No. We fight about the dumbest things..."

"And seeing him there waiting for you made you happy, right?"

Nami nodded staring at the clock on the wall. She wanted to show Luffy that she was still upset with him but went to him smiling instead.

He had wanted to ditch math class in hopes to skip a test he wasn't ready for and Nami was not having it. Luffy was firm about his decision and they got into a heated argument.

When she saw him after school, he made known to her that he ended up going to class and had passed the test gaining a pretty decent grade. He genuinely apologized. She did too knowing that she overreacted a little and they were fine again.