Tears were Christian’s favorite tool. They angered him, and at the same time, seemed to please him immensely. Every tear I shed had been initiative for him; the beatings were rougher, but he did them with a straight face instead of a smile.

            Anton pulled me from my memories, tugging on my chin and making me face him. I felt a few tears continue to fall down my face and before I could wipe them away, his thumb brushed across them.

            "You're right, I don't need to worry about your education; but I want to. And I've always been good at doing whatever I wanted, no matter what." I was forced to meet his eyes as they drew me in, demanding me to see the truth in them.

            "Why?" I begged, my confusion giving me a headache. One of his hands remained on my face, thumb brushing my tears, while the other dropped to grab both my hands.

            "Because it's what you want, and that's all I care about. I don't mind going through all these applicants; you need one you can be comfortable with. Even if it's not completely," He held my gaze for a long moment, making sure I understood what he was trying to say. Finally, I nodded and he slowly released my face. However, his hand continued to grip both of mine as he turned to face the door. "Next," he called out and I took a deep breath as I attempted to compose myself. Squeezing my hand with his, he slipped it away, only to leave it resting right above my knee.

            Because that made my situation all the easier.

            I decided maybe it would help if, instead of focusing on the traits of the person in front of me, I focused my attention only on the heat of Anton’s hand. It was a daring thrill for me, but it was a distraction.

            The door opened and I looked up through my lashes, and yet, a second later, I glanced up fully. This one caught my attention, and in a good way. Her hair wasn't strictly pulled back into a bun and she didn't seem to walk on stiff knees. She seemed just about as nervous as I did and I felt comforted by that. It was nice to see a person look so... human. She was worried and nervous about this interview and, almost without realizing it, I nodded. I felt more than saw Anton look over at me. Meeting his gaze, I nodded and tensed lightly as he leaned it, a curious look on his face.

            "She hasn't even answered any questions yet; we don't even know her name, and yet, you've decided?" I felt my lips tug at a smile and bit my lip at the incredulous tone in his voice.

            "Trust me," I whispered back, my lips close to his ear, and for the first time in a very long time, I felt confident enough to fully gaze up at the woman before me. Her eyes were a soft brown color, another thing I liked; they were trustworthy. She lightly picked at the sleeve of her blue blouse in nervousness and jumped lightly when Anton spoke.

           "Sit, please." she nodded quickly and sank into the chair placed before the desk. Before I could stop myself, my mouth opened.

            "What's your name?" she blinked lightly in my direction, not nearly as surprised as Anton. He turned to face me in his seat, eyes wide with his lips slight parted.

            "Sarah," was her soft reply. I nodded and let Anton take over, feeling my own internal surprise sneak up on me. Ever since the first words had passed my lips, I had only actually talked to Anton and Anna; talking to a complete stranger wasn't normal me.

            I sat back as Anton asked questions, listening intently to Sarah's answers. From the beginning, I had known she was the perfect person, and her answers merely proved it. It turned out that she hadn’t had any previous experience teaching, but I thought this to be the perfect opportunity. It was obvious she was smart, and patient. With her lack of experience, it would let us both learn from the situation.