What is Love, Alpha?

- "What's wrong, gatita? You're too pale," he said softly, using one hand to brush my hair from my forehead. I happily basked in his touch, feeling comforted already.

"I... uh," I trailed off quietly, not really wanting to say. I was suddenly worried of him thinking I was insane. Biting my lip and looking down at the ground, I took a deep breath. "I just... didn't feel c-comfortable. Like someone was...w-watching me," I stumbled out pathetically, internally wincing. "Like... he was watching m-me," I added almost silently, the words slipping out without my permission.

Instantly, his arms wrapped tightly around me as he tugged me into his warm embrace, hunching over my protectively. I felt his chest vibrate as he let out a small growl, but instead of terrifying me like it should, it made me sigh in comfort.

"You never have to worry about him, sweetheart, I promise." He soothed, his voice still sounding rough even as he tried to lighten it. I liked the rougher part of his voice; it made me feel even more protected. "As long as I'm around, he'll never hurt you again; and I don't plan on going anywhere or letting you go anytime soon." -

In a world where vampires and werewolves are very much real, Emily is stuck right in the middle. She was barely kindergarten age when she was kidnapped by a strong vampire coven. They stole everything from her and their main leader, Christian, quickly became obsessed with her, his favorite prize.

But what is a vampire to do when a powerful alpha werewolf, Anton, saves his possession? What's poor Emily to do when that werewolf turns out to be her mate?

Let's just say that Christian isn't about to give up easily; but neither is Anton.