"Oh nothing, just something's up with Luka."

My aunt's face changes again.

"What's wrong with Luka?"

"I don't know, he won't tell me. All I do know he's restless, and he wakes up screaming at random hours of the night. Maybe he's having nightmares or something."

"Do you have any other ideas of what it could be Sophie?"

I nod.

"Yes. I think it has something to do with, Luka being uncomfortable with Ace being here, and that's making him stressed and restless."

"Well Ace was the one who tortured Luka once he was kidnapped, but Luka can't do anything about the situation. Ace has to stay here, at least till he gets his strength back. Regardless. If Luka isn't better by morning, I'll come by and give him a check-up."

I nod again.

"Now, about Luka not telling you what's wrong. I may not know what's going on with your mate, but I do know one thing. If he is indeed keeping something from you, he won't be able to hide it for much longer."

My aunt then pauses for a moment, zoning out into space, mumbling to herself. She must be using the mind link.

She turns back towards me, a guilty look placed on her face.

"Sorry, Sophie. I have to go; Ace and Shelby are ready for me now."

"It's okay Aunt Sherry, go"

She goes in for a goodbye a hug, then pulls back.

"Oh, Sophie. Before I forget, Shelby wanted me to ask you about something. "

"Ask me about what?"

"Well, to put it simply. Ace is in the tub, he needs to change. The clothes on his back were trashed, and he didn't bring any spare clothes. So Shelby was wondering, could she borrow one of your brother's pairs of clothes for Ace, just until we can bring Ace some clothes of his own."

Why not, it's not like those old clothes are ever going to be used again.

"Of course, be my guest. I would rather those clothes be used by someone, then gathering dust in the closet upstairs."

"Thanks, Sophie, I'll go tell Shelby your answer."

"Okay, I'm turning in for the night. Night Aunt Sherry."

"Goodnight, little Sophie,"

After the elevator doors close with my aunt inside, starting to make my way towards the staircase, I'm stopped by Elliot calling out to me.

"Night Sophie."

"Night Elliot, show yourself out when you want to go home and lock the house up."

Elliot nods.

"I'm turning in, goodnight everyone.

"Goodnight Alpha," replies a few muffled voices coming from the living room.

***

Walking up towards our room, I find Luka sitting up on his side of the bed, his head in his hands, almost as if he's been scolded.

Hearing me walk into the room, Luka's body jumps slightly, and he looks up at me.

"I'm sorry Luka, I didn't mean to scare you."

Luka's face lights up slightly.

"Oh, it's just you, Sophie Jane. I haven't seen you all day."

"Yes I know, you've been in here all day."