Chapter 41(Part 1) What Does Time Matter

Start from the beginning

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I had just gotten used to your devil may care attitude. This is throwing me off."

The handle of the knife Jane held rested against his wrist, the edge atop his dinner plate. He smiled and then his body relaxed into its typical lazy provocative posture.

"It is easy to be confused by a moment of illusion. I don't treat anyone seriously. The end of my life is less than a decade away. Instead of treating others seriously, I treat myself seriously."

Jane's knife jams through the hunk of meat on his plate and he eats it off of the blade. Against the delicate atmosphere, his mannerisms are savage and rude.

Xiao didn't say anything or make an expression, he just finished eating his dinner.

___________________________________
A maglev vehicle was cruising the street ten meters from the front of the restaurant. Inside cold eyes watched everything on the screen.

The large man next to him chewed a piece of beef and said fiercely, "taking him out for steak. are they on a date?!"

The man turned as he eyed him disdainfully.

"You are spitting food everywhere."

"Boss! That is our rookie!"

Heine did not say a work, his eyes were locked on the screen, his gaze so frigid that the data froze under his oppressive stare.
________________________________________

Xiao Yan is now focused on cutting the steak.

Jane choice is eating establishments was quite spectacular. The dishes served have a different taste from the highly cultivated and perfectly calibrated foods designed by the system. Every taste bud dotting his tongue was filled with vitality.

"The food here is delicious."

Jane raised his brows and Xiao Yan's eyes grazed his for a brief moment. He had a brief premonition of being the steak on Jane's plate.

Momentarily rattled by the tension threading through the air, Xiao coughed lightly.

"Ah... well."

"Do you know why I entered the Special Task Force?" Jane interrupted the thickness in the air. He twirled the steak knife in his hand, his bloodthirsty eyes gleaming with the erratic light of a madman.

"why?"

"Because of the perfection of the Shire. The manipulation and organization, every aspect of the world crafted and calculated by the system's programming. I wanted to see the outside. But although the outside world is wondrous, it is horribly cruel. So I accepted the xvirus."

Xiao swallowed with difficulty. He never thought that anyone would enter the Special Forces because they were bored with the constants of life.

"The cost of your madness is too heavy. People can only enjoy everything when they are alive."

"If I can enjoy in a decade what takes most people a hundred years to accomplish, what does time matter?

Jane pursed his lips slightly and the soft light reflected off his unusual pale skin.

"I am curious, other than killing yourself, what else are trying to accomplish or experience outside?" Xiao Yan picked up his napkin and wiped his mouth.
"

"Hmm...Maybe...Meeting you." Jane's mouth lifts in a smirk. Xiao Yan knows not to take his remark seriously.

However...

If Jane Wallace had not been in Special Forces, they may well have never met.

Jane stretched out his arm, and his strong slender fingers grabbed Xiao's napkin and gently pulled it toward him.

Without thinking, Xiao pulls the napkin back, Jane's lips graze the corner the cloth. The atmosphere was so heavy that Xiao felt his vision blur slightly.

His heart jumps a little and Xiao Yan has the impression that his everything is trapped against Jane's lips.