Chapter 12: Their Best Day Ever

Start from the beginning

Me: "Because a normal soul is at the center of a person's body or a person is engulfed in their soul. But your...uh Cara's soul is apart of this orb. What is it anyway?" I asked him curiously.

(Y/n) smiled as he gently took the orb away from me and watched as he placed it against the back of his hand. I watched as the orb glow bright red as it slowly got sucked into his skin before disappearing.

(Y/n): "It's my core. Think of it as my heart. Professor Ozpin references it as the philosopher's stone, but I know it as my very being and Cara's home. I am her and she is me, we are one in the same." he stated.

(Y/n): "From what Professor Ozpin told me. I have three lives. Everytime our body takes too much damage such as decapitation, destroyed heart, sliced to pieces, etc. I lose a life. But I can get my lives back when I absorb a freshly dead corpse with my core. Think of it as adding wood to a dying fire. I could use those corpses to regenerate my body or use the their blood as mine to enhance Cara's semblance, which is blood manipulation." he told me as he stood up.

(Y/n): "Another thing I found out is that if I am separated from my core by a great distance, I cannot use it to heal or supply me. It's also the same when I lose all my lives, I have nothing left to use. I don't get a limitless supply of blood anymore, all I could use is the blood in our body and if I take too much...well you should know that could kill a person. So I basically defenseless and could be easily killed like nothing." he informed me as he walked to a dresser.

Me: "So back there in the forest when you said you were down to zero...you mean?" I asked nervously.

He turned back to me while holding his school uniform.

(Y/n): "That I could easily die? Yeah. That sound abouts right. Blake killed me twice by burning me alive and cutting my head in half. She's lucky that Cara was yelling at me to not kill her or hurt her to much. Easier said than done. Then you killed me with that strange power of yours, kinda reminds me of my thing." he stated as he raised his hand in the air and allowed it to be engulf in black particles from the air and making it look like a shadow-like claw.

I looked down not knowing what to say. I never knew I could do that. It was as much of a shock to me as it was to him. But maybe he could show me how to use it like he does with his.

I looked up to see him changing into his uniform and when he took of his cloak and shirt I notice something. The scars that littered his back like decorations. (Y/n) seemed to notice me looking at him and he turned to me with a confused expression, exposing the scars on his chest. It looked like spear and arrow wounds, maybe bullets as well.

Me: "I thought you could heal your wounds. Why are there so many scars on you?" I asked curiously as he looked down and touched his tone body.

(Y/n): "Don't know honestly. They were always there as long as I could remember. Weird right? I tried asking Professor Ozpin more questions, but that old man said I needed to find out by myself." he said clearly upset before going back to changing.

I turned away embarrassed as he continued changing in front of me without a care in the world. When he was done changing he told me that I could turn around. I had to learn more about him and I also needed to learn how to use my new power.

Me: "So (Y/n). I have an idea that would benefit both of us. I'll help you regain your memories in exchange, you teach me how to control my new power. Deal?" I asked him as I lifted my hand so he could shake it.

He looked at my hand for a second before grabbing it and shaking it.

(Y/n): "We got a deal partner. But first things first. I need to go find me a criminal or something and absorb their soul. I kinda don't want to die quite yet." he stated as he was about to walk out the door, but I stopped him.