The playful grin

CHAPTER 2

The elevator opened and i exited . My mind is travelling about Jefferson while walking towards the main exit of the building. I felt sad earlier.

He said that i never knew him at all. He shouted his feelings for me. I don't know how i'm going to react in his confession, it makes me speechless. I shrugged my shoulders and let out a heavy sigh.

'Why are you doing this to me?!'

A seconds later, i receive a phone call, from Marvelyn.
I tap the answer button and put the phone beside my ear.

"Hello?"

"Huhuhuhu, I'm sorry Asienna, i can't make it today"

Her voice is trembling, my eyebrows knitted.

"Why?"

"A bunch of papers in my working table sucks, and the worst the deadline is tomorrow night. I don't know what i'm going to do! I just eager to call you on phone to inform you even i am busy, a second is important to me, you know that, Asienna. So this is a goodbye, right? Mwah!"

"Wai----"

**toot toot**

I bited my lower lip and put my phone in my pocket.

What to do!
So there's no other choice than attending the party? If i'm going to attend, i'll see Jefferson! But i'll go to the supermarket to buy ingredients for my dinner tonight. Hmm, yeah, i'll go to the supermarket.

"Asieeennnaaa!!"

I looked, Leah is running and waving her hand in the air, smiling with her pearly white teeth. I wave.

I'm surprised that she gonna hugged me so....tight. I smiled sheepishly
when i'm the one who let go.

"So you're going to attend the party? Nice! I'm going too! I stayed up late in the office because of our boss, i hate him"

She pout her lips colored with red lipstick and tantrams like a child.
I checked her from head to toe and i just recognized that she wear a fitted black cocktail dress.
and a pair of black killer heels. She's ready for the party, no wonder why she look gorgeus. Leah looked expert on dressing and seriously talking, i'm not good at that.

In one swift her hands is clinged in my arms and she pull me to walk, i can't rant about it because she's humming happily, smiling from ear to ear.

"What's with that outfit, Asienna?"

She asked bluntly, i became embarassed making my cheeks blushed.

'Stop asking! I know it! No need to say directly!'

"Ahm, i don't know that there will be an after party, so i don't have any clothes to use, i'm not ready and aware about it."

I said in a small voice.

"Hmm"

She tilt her head and wrinkled her nose. Her brown eyes focus on the night sky.

"Omo! I forgot that i've keep an extra dress in my bag! Wait! Let me find it!"

We stopped walking and i let her dig in her glittery silver hand bag.Her eyes sparkled and my reaction became dark.

'Is that a dress or a hand towel?'

"Like seriously?"

I couldn't hide sarcasm in my tone.

"Why? Don't you like it? Duh! It's pretty and glam!"