#17 I Can't Right Now

WARNING! Don't read this chapter if you are not prepared to see a picture of a shirtless Poe Dameron. ;)

You had had a crush on Poe Dameron for a very long time. Your brother who was also on base with you was well aware of this fact and took every opportunity to tease you about it.

You knew you were not alone though. Practically everybody had a crush on Poe Dameron. He quite literally embodied everything that the Resistance stood for! Honor, Courage, protecting the little guys, all of it. That's just who he was.

You would often hear him referred to as "fly boy" behind his back. But more often than not people called him the "poster boy" of the Resistance. And he really was. People joined the Resistance all the time saying they had only joined because they had heard about how he had blown up Starkiller Base.

Of course he would deny this if confronted and say that it really was a group effort, but none of the newbies ever listened. Poe became a legend among the recruits who hasn't actually been there.

You and your brother had been a part of the Resistance since before all that had gone down though. Now the Resistance was growing rapidly, and you did hold a little bit of pride in the fact that, though you may not be the only person with a crush on Poe Dameron, you were among the first.

You were walking through the mess hall oneday, when your brother commed you. All he said was that he sent you a picture file on your data pad and that you should check it out. You answered okay and he cut off the connection as soon as he possibly could.

You were more than a little curious about your brothers rushed behaviour, but waited till you had collected your lunch and found a spot at a mostly empty table. You got out your datapad and opened the message from your brother.

>Found this poster on one of the walls. Took a picture but when i walked by later it had been removed. I am now doing my best to send it via datapad to everyone I know. Cheers!<

And then you clicked on the holonet link that your brother had added.

You dropped your datapad in horror

You dropped your datapad in horror. Your food splashed everywhere. On the table, on the floor, on you. Then you started laughing. People stopped what they were doing and stared at you.

"Join the Resistance" was the caption that encircled the Resistance Symbol. Right next to an artists rendition of Commander Poe Dameron stripping out of his orange flight suit.

You laughed, you were mortified. The fact that someone had the guts to actually put this up on a wall, and that your brother now had the nerve to spread it via the Holonet, was hilarious, disturbing, and definitely the work of a lovestruck recruit.

You put your hands over your face, blushing. You couldn't bring yourself to look back at the picture. You couldn't not look at the picture. You were very stuck. And apparently you looked like you were in the middle of some sort of mental crisis.

"Are you okay?" said a concerned voice behind you.

You jumped to your feet, recognizing the voice of Commander Dameron himself, who you haven't actually met before. You turned bright red, looking everywhere but him, and stuttered out, "I-I'm sorry, Commander, I- um... can't right now." you breathed out, still avoiding eye contact and practically ran out of the room.

Poe was confused. What in the kriffin' force was that?! He glanced down at the food covered datapad still resting on the table and blanched.

Oh. That.

THE END

A/N

I saw this picture and I died. This oneshot is literally exactly what happened to me when i saw this picture. (Minus Poe showing up. One can only dream)

Anyways hope you enjoy this as much as I did! :P 

Plus WOW! 2 updates in one day! I'm on a roll!