11. the secrets

jae

"what do you think day6 will become if everyone finds out about brian dating his fan? is this another junhyeok controversy? oh who is that i heard going down? day6."

i did not know her. but she came to me one day showing me a picture of brian and sabrina (his girlfriend) kissing. i do not know where she got the picture but there were lot of them. and not just brian's. me and malia. picture of jamie. and a lot more that i cannot talk about in front of sammy.

wonpil is gay. he is in a relationship with someone outside showbiz. even i don't know about that. yejin is the one who told me. it's positive. i asked wonpil, saw how he was so scared and tried to explain but told me afterwards it is true.

yejin hates me so much. i don't know why. she is very determined to ruin my life. she even joined the company to stop my happiness. she stalked everyone in my group, jamie, malia, and even sam.

i felt the cold breeze of the air as i walk around malia's block. it was already a month since the last time i saw her. i heard they are preparing for the wedding. and i can't do anything about it.

it is already on the news. they let brian and malia join the 'we got married' show. it's a shame. it should be me there. i think they did that so people can love their loveteam so there would be no worries if they get to the real deal.

rumors keep circulating in the company, jyp, himself, is the one who arranged the marriage along with malia's uncle and brian's parents. no confirmation yet.

it would be a lie if i say it is not heartbreaking. i am so in
love with malia all my adult life and now i watch my friend take her away from me. i never even get the chance to explain everything to why i accepted to end our relationship in the first place.

i stared at the hot chocolate in front of me. it's been a while since i last ate real food. 

"for goodness gracious, chicken little! you are very skinny! do you ever think about yourself! eat up, cmon!"

i saw jamie in front of me so i sat straight but went back to staring blankly. she looks like my mother everytime she does this even though i am five years older than her.

"have you heard from young k oppa?" jamie asked as she sips on her milkshake.

"what of it?"

"he keeps disappearing, duh?" she does it like making me feel like i don't care at all.

"maybe he's busy with malia or sab. i don't know. sab did not take the marriage too seriously. they still make out."

"you mean sex? nasty, that guy." she shook her head.

"do you have a boyfriend, jamie?" i asked out of the blue that made her choke on her drink.

"what?! none!"

why are you so defensive tho.

"why are you here in the cafeteria? weren't you going to record sources?"

i forgot about that! i quickly stood from my seat.

"you're welcome, jamie," she said to herself and rolled her eyes at me. "you're very grateful, yeah," she sarcastically said. i just made a face and took off.

"hyung, where have you been? we've been waiting for half an hour now. manager is very happy," sungjin made a sarcastic face just like how jimin park does it. i know he is just being a leader and all.

"i am here now, tho. where's dowoon and manager?"

he sighed.

"trying to dial young k. wonpil can't do it because he's sick."

i thought about it. wonpil isn't sick. his boyfriend is. the team cannot know. i promised it will be between me and him. even his boyfriend doesn't know.

dowoon and manager came.

"jaehyung hyung!" dowoon yelled. i facepalmed.

"will you try to contact brian, jae?" manager asked. i did and regretted it.

sab picked up. heavy breathing can be heard and i could only grimace after hearing brian's disgusting voice.

"who's it, babe?" that's brian.

is malia really marrying this fucker?

"it's jae, c*nt."

"oh, jae," i heard him stood up. "what do you need bro?"

"source hunt, bro." i tried to sound casual and normal.

"oh fuck! tell them i will meet you guys there."

"whatever you say." i hung up. i looked at them. "he's coming."

we rode the group van to where we are heading. It was already 9 in the evening. young k is here. he looks decent enough that sungjin and manager never suspected he was doing very rated 18 things with his 18 year-old girlfriend.

"how was the engagement?" i tried to ask and see if he cares.

he shrugged. "man, you don't need to talk about the thing that would hurt you," he said seriously and put on his headphones.

he was sitting next to me and next to the window. he leaned on it and closed his eyes. i just sighed and turned away. maybe this is not what i want. maybe i was just pushing myself too hard.

my phone vibrated.

it was a text from yejin saying, "this will be the last. i will stop for now as long as you keep your distance from her. good luck and better watch out :)"

i don't know what is wrong with her. i don't know what's going on inside her mind. i don't know what to think of her. i think she really just want to see me hurt.

i shook my head.

"we're here."

everyone got out except brian and i. he ignored me and went for the door but he left me a note in the door.

"i will keep myself from getting attached to her. she's all yours, bro. so please focus on the team. the last thing we need is you getting out of control of your emotions."

i don't know if this is a great idea but all i can think of is how he wrote that while i wasn't looking and he was pretending to listen to music?