8|

"W-What just happened ?" Liam asked, still in shock. "How did you... This girl-"

"It wasn't a girl." Ava retorted.

She bent down and touched a black powder on the ground, at the same place where Jen was standing.

"It was a demon." She added.

Liam's eyes widened.

"A demon ?" He repeated, surprised.

"I don't see why it surprises you, you're a werewolf."

She approached him.

"There are two types of shapeshifters." She explained." There are those who are like me, normal people with incredible abilities and then there are the others. They kill to be stronger and they steal the appearance of their victims. These are demons. We are taught to kill them."

"So, that means you're a hunter ?" He asked.

Ava shrugged.

"Kind of." She replied.

"Kind of ?" Liam exclaimed. "You disintegrated this thing right in front of me ! How did you do that ?"

"You ask too many questions, if you want my opinion. You should thank me."

"Thank you ? I didn't need your help ! I was controlling the situation !"

"Oh, really ?" Ava asked, raising an eyebrow, amused.

"Yeah, I've already fought Berserkers and Ghost Riders ! It's not a girl with tentacles that will scare me !"

All of a sudden, Ava turned into a hideous creature with wings and sharp tails. Liam screamed and fell backwards. She burst out laughing.

"A real little puppy." She said, turning into an human again. "I could almost think it's cute."

Liam tightened his jaw. She winked at him and left the room.

✽ 

"MISSING PIECES"

Stiles moaned while moving in his bed. He opened his eyes as he reached out his hand and felt no presence next to him. He sat up suddenly.

"Lydia ?" He called, worried.

Lydia was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the window of the room for a long time. The trees moved slightly, driven by the wind breeze. Stiles lit the lamp on the bedside table.

"Lydia ? Hey, are you okay ?"

"Everything that's happening right now." She whispered. "I don't think it's a threat. It's a warning."

Stiles sat next to her.

"You're talking about your premonition ?"

"I feel like we're looking for answers in the wrong place."

Stiles frowned.

"The insects, Meagan, The Nemeton." Lydia said. "Everything is connected, but it's not enough. We're missing something, but I don't know what."

She paused. He took her hand and she turned towards him.

"We will find what it is." He said.

He smiled at her.