Chapter 10: do i even mean anything to you?

Ellie POV~

It's been a month since Ian came back. Nothing much has happened except that I am constantly being in a rush to prepare things for the spring fling tomorrow night. I still didn't have a date but i didn't really care. I mean it's not like I'm the only one who doesn't have a date...right?

...wrong. Michelle even had like a full line of boys wanting to go to with her. She chose the quarterback of the football team of course. The other ones all had the ditzy cheerleaders.

Ian thought I was upset about this. I really wasn't. He even offered to go with me just a friends but I declined. Plus I could always hang out with some other theater geeks by the stage. Like Ace for example. He didn't have a date and told me he never planned on asking anyone.

But I need to focus on finished the decorations for the Spring Fling. The theme was a Harry Potter themed Yule Ball! Of course I helped pick it out. ITS HARRY POTTER AND ITS BEAUTIFUL OKAY.

The fake snow was made. A ton of it. Fake ice sculptures that looked real-we didn't want water all over the floor. It's a lot to clean up. We bought a load of fairy lights to hang everywhere! And to resemble the Forbidden Forest, we bought fake trees that we could cover in fake snow and twist fairy lights around! It'll only be towards the entrance though. Then there would be light pink flowers all over the walls.

As I was finishing up the final pink flowers, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Ian. "What do you want? Can't you see I'm trying to finish decorations?" I asked him, looking back at the flowers.

"It's not me that wants you. Come to the auditorium with me." He smiled genuinely, offering his hand out to me. I took it reluctantly but curiously at the same time.

He led me towards the auditorium, and before we entered, he placed his hand over my eyes. I didn't do anything and just kept doing what he wanted me to.

He led me up the stair case to the stage. He uncovered my eyes and I saw Ace standing there with a box of pizza in his hands. "I bought you food since you've been working so hard!" Ace smiled brightly.

My face lit up with joy, so I lifted the top of the box. Before I grabbed a piece, I noticed there was a note on the underside of the lid.

I know this is cheese but will you go to the Spring Fling with me? -Ace

I took the pizza from him, and put the box on the ground gently. Then I hugged Ace tightly. "Of course I will!" I squealed out of excitement. He laughed and hugged me back.

When we pulled away, I went to go get a piece. I noticed that 2 SLICES OF MY PIZZA WERE MISSING AND IAN WAS EATING A PIECE OF CRUST!

"IAN DID YOU EAT MY PIZZA?!" I screamed. His face drained of color as he swallowed the last bit of crush.

He laughed awkwardly, then looked at his wrist. "O-Oh would you look at the time. I-I gotta go....feed my pet...litTLE BROTHER BYE!" He finishes loudly, running out of the auditorium.

"IAN YOU ARENT WEARING A WATCH!" I yelled at him. I rolled my eyes, turning back to Ace.

"Well his pizza isn't gonna finish itself on its own." Ace smirked.

"YOURE RIGHT!" I yelled again, then covered my mouth. "Whoops." I giggled.