chapter twenty six

seven months later

[ THIRD PERSON P.O.V ]

"Jeonghan, sorry. I'm running late! I think I gotta head out now?", Eunjae whispers while giving an approving look towards Jeonghan's direction. She was studying in the library with Jeonghan without realising the fact that she was late for a meeting with Wonwoo. "Yah! Where are you going? We're barely studying for thirty minutes...", Jeonghan mutters when he watches how clumsy Eunjae seems as she's shoving her stuffs into the backpack.

"My boyfriend is waiting for me outside of the campus already. He arranged me a meeting with someone that I didn't know, probably a person who is going to help me in internship soon?", Eunjae states it unsure before the straps of the backpack slip onto her shoulder. She waves goodbye to Jeonghan, "I'm really sorry, let's just hangout the day after tomorrow, okay?". Just before the senior can answer her, Eunjae immediately rushes out of the library.

Eunjae sprints as fast as she could when her feet touch the ground outside of the building, not minding if she accidentally hits a person's shoulder ever so slightly. When her eyes finally notice the sight of Wonwoo's vehicle, she runs towards it and hops on. The first thing Eunjae sees when she got into the car is Wonwoo with a straight expression on his face. "I'm sorry for being late. I was in the library with Jeonghan to study and didn't realise the  clock already passed three", says Eunjae as she catches her breath.

"So Jeonghan is more important than a boyfriend who waits for you for almost fifteen minutes?", his deep yet husky voice hinting the disappointment within the response. "—it's nothing like that, Wonwoo. Don't get me wrong. We're just revision partners, I promise I won't forget about you anymore". Wonwoo repositions himself to face Eunjae, leaving a hum from his lips so the girlfriend can focus on him as well, "I can be your revision partner as you wish, you're my girlfriend and I don't want you're spending more time with a guy friend...alone".

The tense silence meets the couple inside. Wonwoo reaches for Eunjae's hand to squeeze in his before replying, "You can hang out with Jeonghan, but atleast make sure your female friend is going to be the third wheel. I'm saying this because I'm worried about you, things can happen anytime if you go out alone with a guy friend...". Eunjae's eyebrows jerk when she mumbles 'what'.

"What if Jeonghan suddenly develops feelings for you just because you always wanted to meet him all the time? Don't you feel sorry for him for giving a false hope?", Wonwoo forms an apologetic onto his thin face. Eunjae shrugs, expression falls when she begins to apologise again, "I promise I won't be alone with him anymore. Now, let's just headed to where you planned to go, alright?". Wonwoo squeezes her palm one more time before driving to somewhere he intended to go.

The heavy silence makes an entrance once again when they both already on their way to a café. Wonwoo eventually letting Eunjae knows that they're heading to a café since someone is waiting for her there. As the vehicle stops moving, Eunjae's eyeing outside of the car's window— she hasn't even step into this building. "We're here. Are you fine?". Eunjae nods nervously as she heard Wonwoo. Both of them hop out of the car, ready to meet whoever it was that wanted to meet Eunjae. Wonwoo escorts his girlfriend by snaking his arm around her shoulder.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee welcomes Eunjae and Wonwoo when they're stepping inside. Wonwoo observes around to find the man, but when he notices that person, he slowly strides towards him. Eunjae follows her lover from behind, the look in her eyes saddened when she eventually gets to meet him again. She quick-glances Wonwoo before the guy says, "Hi, we meet again, Wonwoo and Eunjae".