chapter thirteen

22:35 p.m

I've been sitting on my bed for almost an hour as I stare down at my phone with those mixed feelings, muddling over about should call Wonwoo or not. To call him or not to call? Everytime I land my eyes on the screen of my phone to see his name in the contacts, I grip my blanket tightly and cover my face with it. One last time must I ask myself this question— is this confessing thing will make me any happier?

I kick the blanket off my body then get straight up again. Okay, let's not do this thing tonight, Lee Eunjae. You still got like much time left before you do this. No need to rush right just because Seungcheol and Jeonghan agreed to confess? Just before I can turn off my phone, my finger accidentally hit the call button on the screen as it displays. Oh shoot! What did I do? Calling The JerkWoo....

Cursing in between the sentence, I hiss through my gritted teeth to see that Wonwoo eventually picks up my call. I instantly press the phone against my ear, Jeon Wonwoo's bright voice greets me on the other line, “Oh, Eunjae, what's up? I was watching tv when you're calling me, is there anything would you like to inform?”, he asks.

Not much, I was just bored. I'm sorry to interrupt you while you're doing your things, you don't need to focus on me hundred percent when I'm talking. Just continue watching the tv because the thing that I want to say is not really important though”, I say as I try to bite my lower lips apprehensively.

There is a loud sound that was coming from the background— perhaps Wonwoo's living room is enveloped with those laughing from the tv. My breathing is becoming shallow at the thoughts of telling him the truth, “Wonwoo, actually I want to clarify something with you”, I retort on the line, stuttering.

He laughs, “Yes sure, you don't need to sound so formal, it's very weird of you Eunjae”. I could feel my heart beats so fast as if I can feel every single pound in the chest, like it's going to burst anytime later. “Wonwoo, remember the night that we shared together, last Wednesday? When you kissed me in the midst of the dance floor...”.

Just before I can continue to finish my sentence, Wonwoo hums through the line and says, “Yes, is there something's wrong with that?”. I gulp my saliva eagerly and stutter again the words that I've been wanting to confess to him, “Jeon Wonwoo, if you feel the same way as I do, just admit it right now”, I pause in the middle of my sentence, “It's because I like you, Jeon Wonwoo. I do, I truly like you with my whole heart”.